Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Is ESA assessed every 12 months?

dwn73schdwn73sch Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice, I am on PIP high rate living and motorbility and I had a face to face assessment  by ESA 12 months ago and yet I have received a letter saying that they want to do the face to face again now.  It's bad enough the forms every 12 months as I struggle with writing because of my fingers. I suppose I'm asking if it's right about doing face to face every 12months.  Thanks 

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dwn73sch and welcome to the community! I hope you find it a supportive environment. Unfortunately, being on PIP has no link to the ESA assessments and it is not uncommon to be tested every 12 months.
    Scope

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,910 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, with ESA they can re-assess you at anytime. Did you recently fill out another ESA50 form and return it?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • dwn73schdwn73sch Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I did,  they are doing it every 12 months even though I have a degenerative condition for which there's no treatment,  it's really frustrating and the forms take forever to complete as I dislocate everything,  specifically my fingers when trying to write.  Thanks for getting back to me .
  • anth22anth22 Member Posts: 69 Courageous
    Not sure why people keep getting re-assessed as i was put on ESA from IB back in 2011 and ive never been re-assessed in 8 years off claiming ESA.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,910 Disability Gamechanger
    Don't knock it, they'll catch up with you at some point. 
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • anth22anth22 Member Posts: 69 Courageous
    Im sure they will but in the mean time i will keep my doors and my windows shut lol 
Sign in or join us to comment.