Medical input. — Scope | Disability forum

Medical input.

vicr52 Member Posts: 2 Listener
On my latest assessment report the assessor has written, in every descriptor that there is no medical input, only GP prescribing for medication.

I have been seen by Cardiologists, neurologists, vascular surgery, to name just a few, but each have stated they have done as much as they can and left it to the GP.

As most of us know, it's hard enough to get a GP appointment never mind be seen by the hospital consultants.

I gave the assessor copies of up to date consultations and diagnosis but she did not include them on report (I sent them to DWP next day)

Has anyone rebutted those conclusions that because you are not being sern or cannot get appointments with specialists you are deemed to have nothing wrong with you.

I have a copy of a letter sent by my MP last month to Health board complaining why I have waited over 7 months for appointment, and over a year for an appointment to see about my knee which I shattered after falling down stairs due to leg giving way of a diagnosed condition, Artheroscleriosis, which the assessor ignored.

Her words on that were '' can't pronounce it and don't know what it is and never come across it before' !!!.

Any help in replying to DWP on this type of assumption by assessors appreciated.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,836 Disability Gamechanger

    If you haven't had the decision yet then you'll have to wait for that. Once you have this then you can ask for the mandatory reconsideration and you have 28 days to request this. You should be the request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and why. You should avoid mentioning any lies told because DWP won't be interested in any of these.

    Any complaints should be made to the health assessment providers. 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.