Failed my medical and no one will help me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Failed my medical and no one will help me

KellyMarie
KellyMarie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello my is Kelly and I failed my medical last week in the room they had my medical notes and they new what was wrong with me and they lied on the letter I've got a brain tuma and I suffer from fit's and suffer depression but they said am fit to work when the doctors said am not I've got a bladder problem but didn't put that on the form eather don't no what to now my rent been stopped I've 5 children one under the age of 1 and no one will help me 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @KellyMarie   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. Sorry what has happened.

You have come to the right place for information, advice and support.

May I suggest that you ring our help line 0808 800 3333.

One of our team will speak to you.

There will be members of our community who will be in touch and offer help.  Plus any advice and information.

Have a look at our benefit advice, information.  Will help.

Have you spoken to CAB  about your housing situation. I know they have a lot of expertise and knowledge.  Something to consider.

Have you spoken to the council or the landlord about your housing problems.

Also may I also say a lot our community can identify what you are going through. 

We are a supportive friendly community.

Hope that helps.

I hope you can find the support you need.  Please ask the community anything. Ready to listen.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KellyMarie
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your current situation, @thespiceman has gave great ways to help you :) Please let us know if we can help you any further! All the best :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    @KellyMarie Which benefit are you referring to ?  it sounds as if you have been to an assessment for capability for work ( ESA. I would try  and speak to the Citizens Advice if I were you.  PIP doesn't make any recommendation on your fitness to work as some people in work claim it.
    Just for the record though are you receipt of other benefits and have you been advised to seek other benefits? If this was an assessment for ESA then you have  the opportunity to appeal the decision  via mandatory reconsideration.   But there are other factors to take into account such as whether you were claiming ESA and whether your area is now a full Universal Credit area.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @KellyMarie,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have been having with benefits. Just to confirm, is this for Employment Support Allowance (ESA)?

If you disagree with a DWP benefits payment decision, you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration. We have lots of information about the appeals process on our website, which may be of interest to you.

The above information from other members of our community is also very useful. I hope this all helps and do let us know if you have any other questions!
    Liam
  • o5jessica
    o5jessica Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Hi I know this feels I noone offer home visit , I tried calling.cab no home vist I tried community law local srservic refused home vist , impossible I'm bedbound 4 days put of 7 and my friends can't cope why  I get NHS medical gp etc home visit, on medical grounds too .your kids don't UK dutems care less able, so many people trying Thier bests , I'm only feel how painful  alone you may be feeling
  • KellyMarie
    I can't get anywhere I feel so down right now don't no we're to turn to I went to Pound shop yesterday with my CV and they said no cause of my illness no one will take me on its the insurance policy what to do now I've no idea can't get a job and am not going to any food banks don't want to go down that road they lied at the medical 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @o5jessica   Thank you for your post.  Sorry what you going through.

I can only offer my support . Is there anything or any body can advise.  Have you looked on line. For help with anything. Just a thought. Wish I could help more.

Have you spoken to our help line .0808 800 3333. For local services that can advise.  

I know from reading things are difficult and not easy. Understand that. 

I hope have been some use. Always here to listen, if you need to. Just a humble gent.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • o5jessica
    o5jessica Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Hello @o5jessica   Thank you for your post.  Sorry what you going through.

I can only offer my support . Is there anything or any body can advise.  Have you looked on line. For help with anything. Just a thought. Wish I could help more.

Have you spoken to our help line .0808 800 3333. For local services that can advise.  

I know from reading things are difficult and not easy. Understand that. 

I hope have been some use. Always here to listen, if you need to. Just a humble gent.

Take care

@thespiceman
    @thespiceman I unable to get support or get though cost why, 0808 no as I can't afford on line line or mobile, I have to wait till carer here hold phone , I'm one handed can't talk well all lot complex disability medical illness too.

Still trouble given getting in special wheelchair , just 10 mins cafe mental makom distress, physically too .
    Why I get home visit medical health etc, 
    I'm can't believe cuts in public funding to access services many too like me, left out alone.
    No copying I can't do paperwork, pip  soical worker yesterday knows this care act assessment process I going through still not complete in time get too help I need .
  • thespiceman
    Hello @KellyMarie   Thanks for reply. Please can I ask how can I help?

Have you rung our helpline and spoken to anybody.

Have you spoken to CAB made an appointment.

Sorry what has happened I can see you are trying to find a job. The most important thing is try to get some support in applying for the appeals process. 

I understand you want a job and that is positive and really great. I know you are a proud lady.

I wish I could help more. Understand going down food banks. You do not have to do that.  Not unless you want to. Unfortunately what is need right now is for you. To try and remain calm. Try to think straight.

Understand how hard this is.  Trust me we all of us are here to help and advise. Give you words of comfort and I hope sensitivity.

I am been in this terrible position as you have been. Right now please can I ask . You need if I can suggest a plan of what you need to do. Priority first is to speak to CAB.  Council or landlord then try to see what you need to budget. Finances.  Have you enough food and items for a week. Have a look around the cupboards fridge.

Never easy to have acceptance.  As many of our community will no doubt tell you and no one wants be in this situation.. 

We are here to help if I can. Understand I am here anytime to listen. 

Have a look around the forum for food solutions. Recipe ideas.  I am just a gent but please if you need a friend to listen. I am here. Never going away.

Ask me or members of our community anything.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @o5jessica   Thank you for getting back to.me. Sorry what you are going through.

I hope I can help.  I understand your issues and problems. The difficulties. I have only my wishes is to give you some solutions.

Problems is the system and I know that has effected me. I live alone have no support  Have a disability plus mental health issues.  Have fingers missing. Also have had friends with all sorts of disabilities and illness.

All I can offer is when I meant on line. Means use your computer, tablet to find services.

To help you. Do things the best that you can do.

Simple things and plans for paying items.  There are if you look on line adaptions.  All sorts of things to help you.

Have a look at our Disability Aids and equipment posts. Lots from members like yourself.

Hope that helps. Am here if you wish to chat or talk.

Ready to listen.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • KellyMarie
    Thank you all you have all helped me by talking to me its nice to have some one to talk to I've tried to ring the number at the top of the page but it's not open today so will try Monday I rang esa yesterday and I made appeal over the phone and it takes a few weeks they said so they said I have to wait till then its easy for them to say 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Thank you all you have all helped me by talking to me its nice to have some one to talk to I've tried to ring the number at the top of the page but it's not open today so will try Monday I rang esa yesterday and I made appeal over the phone and it takes a few weeks they said so they said I have to wait till then its easy for them to say 
    Hi, You need to put the MR request in writing stating what you disagree with and which group you think you should be placed into and your reasons why you think you should be in there. Take a look at the ESA descriptors to see which, if any apply. 

Did you send evidence to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. 

Most MR decisions remain the same so it's likely you'll have to take it to Tribunal. If this happens once the Tribunal accept your appeal then you'll be able to go back onto assessment rate for ESA. You won't be paid any ESA while waiting for the MR decision. If the MR decision stays the same and you have to take it to Tribunal then you can go back onto assessment rate for ESA.

Getting some help with this will be a good thing because it's complicated and a very long process. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    Kelly marie, did I read correctly that you have a brain tumour? If so, phone Macmillan - they give grants to people affected by cancer and can also help with benefits issues. 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @KellyMarie,

It's great to hear that you've found this community supportive. Sorry that you were unable to contact the Helpline on Saturday, it's open on weekdays between 9am and 5pm, so do give them another try today!

@o5jessica, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. As @thespiceman says above, do feel free to contact our helpline on 0808 800 3333. It is a free-to-call number. :)
    Liam

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.