Loss of mobility money — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Loss of mobility money

Trengarnuq1
Trengarnuq1 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
I had my assesment and got enhanced care but they took mobility away as they saw me walk from  taxi to there office 16 meteres so lost mobility after 19 years got to use my care money to buy new one also could not get my medical evidence from doctor or hospital told only dwp can ask for it so no appeal

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Who told you you cant ask for your medical records ?
    Sunce jan 18 you can ask your doctor for ALL your papers.
    It cost etc for photos. But the notmal stuff is FREE 
    Ask you receptionists 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Are you going to appeal?

I was awarded standard mobility because Atos paramedic said that because I walked 16m waiting area to assessment room then I must be able to walk 20-50m outdoors!  Tribunal awarded me enhanced mobility.

Panel quizzed me about my walking and were satisfied with my answers.  They gave less attention to my medical reports.  The best evidence is your own testimony before a tribunal.
  • Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    Remember you get a transitional payment. You can appeal and have the right to your own medical records- put it in writing to them.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes yes you can ask for a copy of your medical records but some times the information may be of such a medical nature you will have to look up or go on line for an explanation then be non the wiser. Point to remember keep all your medical letters you get from hospitals and health professionals, then when you need to send off just copy and keep the originals.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.