Appeal lost on papers. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal lost on papers.

Options
angel137
angel137 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
Just to let you know I received a letter confirming that I lost my appeal for enhanced Pip daily living and mobility recently. I did not appear in person. I wasn't able to. It's rock/ hard place for people like myself, when you're not well enough to go to the appeal hearing and then essentially, you're punished for not being well enough to attend the hearing! The percentage of
success when not appearing in person is low, so I didn't really hold out much hope that I would be successful.  I receive standard PIP. 

Considering appealing to Second Tier tribunal but I know I'm not up to it. My health worsens the longer it goes on. I would need to show why their decision is wrong in law.
There are other things I need to deal with but I'm glad I did it despite the result. I thought it was important to dispute certain descriptors. The  points are not correct. At least I have it on paper now that I did dispute those points. 
Good luck to everyone going through this process. :)

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.