ESA/PIP review time frame. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA/PIP review time frame.

Options
SMW83
SMW83 Community member Posts: 108 Courageous
Hi guys,

I sent new medical evidence in to the DWP in March owing to my illnesses worsening, which initiated new forms for both benefits being sent.

I completed and returned the forms by mid April but have as yet have not heard anything at all.

Is anyone aware of the length of time I should expect for them to respond? I want to know if I am expected to undertake being assessed by Capita/ATOS as having this hanging over me is exacerbating my illnesses but I don’t want to call them and draw attention to myself if they have no intention if they haven’t requested assessments by Capita/ATOS owing to bad experiences with the DWP.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no timescales for this, it depends on backlog in your area. Which group are you in for ESA, Support or WRAG? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SMW83
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As you're in the support group already did you report the changes because your condition has improved? Reporting a change of circumstances because of a worsening of condition for your ESA would be absolutely pointless because you can't get a higher award than this. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • SMW83
    Options
    I have had innumerable issues with the DWP over the past 2 years, the letter was not to get more money but to advise that their actions over that period had worsened my illnesses.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    In that case I wouldn't expect any response from them. 
  • SMW83
    Options
    I think there is some miscommunication. They have contacted me to complete the reassessment forms back in April which were returned immediately. Therefore they are the ones who initiated reassessment.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    SMW83 said:
    Hi guys,

I sent new medical evidence in to the DWP in March owing to my illnesses worsening, which initiated new forms for both benefits being sent.

You said here that you sent new medical evidence because of your illness worsening and this indicated new forms for both...

There's still no timescales for assessments or decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. 
  • SMW83
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.