Won PIP appeal - when will they pay? Im on my knees — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won PIP appeal - when will they pay? Im on my knees

LisaB2018
LisaB2018 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, 
Sorry if I rant, but I am incredibly frustrated. 

I applied for PIP 2 years ago and finally attended a tribunal on July 31st this year, where they over turned the DWP decision and awarded standard for both care and mobility.

Ive had no update from the DWP, but found out they have 28 days to apply for an appeal. Fast forward to 30th August, you’ll receive a payment on the 4th Sept if you don’t hear from us, feel free to contact. 

3rd Sept phoned DWP to ensure they were going to pay on the 4th. Have been advised that there is an error on the court paperwork and they are sending it back for correction. No payment can be calculated or made until they receive the correct paperwork.

When? When? When is this nightmare going to be sorted? 
I have lost my career. 
I have lost my partner. 
I have accumulated debts and an unable to live day to day now. 
So when will they actually pay me??? 
When will this disgusting, system actually help me?
when I lose my house? 

Pleae someone give me aome hope because cause I am on my knees!! 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LisaB2018
    Welcome to the community! I'm terribly sorry for what you're going through :( Please forgive me as I'm still learning about  issues regarding PIP, DWP, etc therefore I am unable to advise you. I know many members of the community have been in the same or similar situation as yourself and they will be more than happy to get in contact with you to advise you. One thing I can assure you is that you've come to the right place and we will help you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You will get your money and arrears.  Hang in there.
  • angel137
    angel137 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Hi Lisa.
    Congratulations on finally getting your PIP award. Try not to be frustrated. You've had a very long wait.
    What you could do is call HMCTS tomorrow or the next day,  just to see if they've received the paperwork from the DWP regarding the error. Get an update. Ask them to expedite the claim immediately as you have been without this income for a very long time and are in need it. Do it for your own peace of mind.  Just make sure that everything is moving along, so you can get your money as soon as possible. 
    Hang in there! Just think of the backpay! 
  • LisaB2018
    Hi, thank you for your comment. I did context the courts telephone number today. They have received the paperwork and have to make an adjustment to the date. It’s all very frustrating when I’m down to my last pennies and my partner walked out a couple of months ago!! I wish these people at DWP knew how much impact they have on people’s lives. 
  • clarabelle
    clarabelle Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Sorry to hear this.
    Did hmcts give you the details regarding what they meant by an error on the dates? If it's just a clerical error then it's not a reason to not pay you. 
    I think if you phone the dwp and explicitly state that you are in ' extreme financial hardship' they can process a payment that day. You can ask to speak to a manager.

• LisaB2018
    I orginal phoned for a PIP pack in sept 2016, but didn’t complete it and send it back until Nov 16, as I was ill. The court ordered payment from sept 16 but the DWP said it’s got the dates wrong and should be from Nov 16. 
    Sorry an error was made on the paperwork from the court!! 

• clarabelle
    clarabelle Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    That shouldn't delay payment!  They can pay you back until Nov and wait for court to respond. 
    Do you have proof you phoned for the form in September, if not you can make a Sarah request via the dwp website and the file will show the date you called for the claim form. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    That shouldn't delay payment!  They can pay you back until Nov and wait for court to respond. 
    Do you have proof you phoned for the form in September, if not you can make a Sarah request via the dwp website and the file will show the date you called for the claim form. 
    Yes it can delay payment.
    It sounds like the poster missed the deadline to send the PIP2 back. As such the date will be when the form is received by the DWP. The delay has about two months of payment.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.