Pip took away mobility side — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip took away mobility side

Options
diesel58
diesel58 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi can anyone help us my wife just had a face to face consutatcon and had letter today our ting her on low care which means I lose carers allowance and we lose our disability car and it's our lifeline

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @diesel58 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry what has happened. Thank you for two posts you have sent. I would like to answer this one. I hope we as a community can advise and support you.

You come to the right place. I would like to add you need to appeal. That is the most important thing to do right now.

There will be members of our community and a member of our team will advise further. Many of our community have been through this. I am one my self.

All I can also say you are not alone.

Understand this is all complex and confusing.  May I add unsettling and anxious time. The letter you have received from the DWP outlines what steps that you need to do.

My opinion is you need help and support with this. Called a Mandatory Reconsideration. Have a look at our benefit advice, information. 

Some thing to consider speak to CAB. Very useful have a wealth of knowledge and expertise. Form filling in.

The scheme providers Motability will be in touch and send you a covering letter and a booklet. Understand this is a lot to take in. In the booklet they give you steps, options and suggestions to look at what is available to get you around.  Very informative.

Add to that the covering letter which states the end of your lease agreement and certain procedures and options. They may offer financial incentives . Depends how long you have been on the scheme.

To give you some words of comfort if I can. You can do a lot on line. Like shopping, banking even certain health aspects of your life. Like prescriptions.  Order on line and deliver. Also may I add might be services like Dial a ride or services that could take to hospital or other appointments. Like Doctors. I am looking into this myself. In my area.

We as a community are facing untold challenges and all I can also say everything about PIP. Is hurting and harming our community.

One final point is you could complain to your MP. They are aware of what is happening. Be interested.  I know members of our community have informed their MP.

Please if you need to ask anything. Some one will know.

We are a friendly community.  Ready to listen.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @diesel58 and a warm welcome to the community! I am really sorry to hear this. You are able to appeal the decision. You can find more information about this on the Scope website. If you need anything else at all then please do let the community know.
    Scope

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    diesel58 said:
    Hi can anyone help us my wife just had a face to face consutatcon and had letter today our ting her on low care which means I lose carers allowance and we lose our disability car and it's our lifeline
    For PIP Carers Allowance is paid for either the standard or enhanced rates.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.