Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
Lucysam25
Lucysam25 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
Hi everyone not been with you. For a couple of weeks enjoying the good british weather i am just letting you know that i phoned the appeals court to find how long i have to wait for my date and said it could take up to 38 weeks before my appeal comes through .I was gobsmacked when i heard i asked to repeat the answer  again  i couldnt beleive it so i think the D W P have got it all wrong  when you have been on D L A for indefinitly And getting just eight points on pip  its disscusting 

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Agreed and its happened to hundreds of people.
    Their illness hasnt changed. Everything else should stay the same too
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    I've been waiting 7 months....
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    People people who are claiming DLA and move to PIP nearly always are awarded a lower rate than they received on DLA which focused on their disability, whereas PIP is focused on your abilities and a lot of claimants who had full rate DLA do not meet the descriptors in PIP to be awarded the enhanched Mobilaty, so loose their car

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.