Failed PIP can I submit a new application — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Failed PIP can I submit a new application

karenlow
karenlow Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi thank you for letting me join
I was recently stopped my Working disability and failed PIP
since my condition has worsened can I submit a new application

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When was the decision made on your PIP? did you take it to Tribunal? Just because your condition has got worse it still doesn't mean you'll be successful, especially if you've only recently been refused. Did you have help with your claim? I would advise you to contact welfare rights or another local disability advice centre near you who can advise you further.

Working disability? Do you mean your ESA has stopped and if so were you found fit for work after a face 2 face assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @karenlow,

Welcome to the community! :)

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with PIP. As @poppy123456 asks, did you consider appealing the DWP's decision? You normally have a month from the date of your decision to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration, and for tribunals, you must ask for a hearing no more than a month after your MR decision notice.

You can re-apply for PIP at any time. Our benefits advisors posted this on another discussion which I hope you might find useful: 
    "You do not need to wait 12 months to reclaim PIP. However, if there is a short time between applications and there is no noticeable change in needs detailed on the new PIP application form, PIP may use the same medical information when first refusing your claim.  I would however not be put off by this, and I would keep in mind the rules of PIP when completing the new application."  

Best of luck with the new claim if you decide to reapply, and if you have any further questions, then please do get in touch!  

Liam

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.