Confusing ESA letter - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confusing ESA letter

2»

Comments

• Macky47
    Macky47 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Thx Luv44, yeah lady from DWP was lovely with me, I was just a bit worried about doing it over phone, she did say it's quicker that way. She also said it would take between 8-12 weeks however the process starts from initial letter been sent out. I will let you know the outcome. Thx.
  • Luv44
    Luv44 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Macky47
    At least you know it shouldn’t be too long until you get what’s owed to you..
    My enhanced disability premium was backdated to Oct 2014.. I was transferred from incapacity benefit to esa support group in June 2013, so they still need to pay me those missing payments.. 
    The dwp are now paying people from the date of conversion.. so I will be chasing that up..  Will keep you posted.. ?
  • Macky47
    Luv44, yeah keep me updated pet, I will do the same. I just hope we get back what we deserve. X
  • Macky47
    Luv44, were you placed in contribution based ESA support group ??
  • Luv44
    Luv44 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Macky47.. yes I was placed in the CB esa.. I had no idea income related esa even existed.. clearly the dwp didn’t check to see if people were getting the correct esa benefit and like me I lost out on the enhanced disability premium..  thank goodness it’s finally being sorted out and people get what they are owed..  
    it makes me so angry when genuine people who are ill get treated so badly by the dwp. 
    Its a disgrace..
  • Macky47
    Luv44, totally agree with everything you've said, i have lost out on everything over the years through no fault of my own, like yourself, we have suffered. Am not a greedy person, but I think DWP should pay ppl effected compensation as well. 
  • Macky47
    Luv44, if you agree, I would like to chat more about this privately.
  • fruitloops
    fruitloops Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi I wonder if someone can help! I received this form and noticed other people here said they were asked for bank statements. My form didn’t request any form me. Is that normal or do they do it after?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.