Need pip advice please Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need pip advice please Help

AgentTech
AgentTech Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I join to get some advise on pip and too help others if can

Comments

• AgentTech
    Hi I have just came for pip from DLA witch I had since dla started I got pip at Standerd daily living and enhanced mobility till 2021 seems really short for someone that not going get better due to cp can’t walk ets got 11 points for DL and twelve for mobility  my f2f report she missed out parts in need help cutting food I said this on my form and also said at f2f got zero that one question alone wouldoftaken DL points there is also lies and says seemed to not have anxiety don’t no if I should fight it as I had evidence and gp letters

• PM77
    PM77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi - I also had a similar situation going from DLA to PIP. I would say definitely fight it. Reply to your letter about the decision and explain why you disagree with the decision. ( Like you have just said. Need help cutting up food ) Also state she made an untrue statement ( lie ) and explain what it was and put in your version of the issue. You can go to CAB for advice and help filling out the forms if you need it especially the points section they will review with you. You need to go to CAB first then they will make an appointment for you but remember there is a time limit to ask them to appeal this decision. But, it sounds like you have a good case for appeal.  Wish you luck... go gettum!
  • AgentTech
    edited September 2018
    Thanks thanks for the quick reply @PM77  I’m waiting for my appointment at CAB and told my mp incase as I have had friends with cp get less after complaining about the lies I am scared  hope I’m doing right thing . Will keep you posted 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AgentTech
    Welcome to the community! Sorry I am unsure how to advise but @PM77 has shared some great advice! I wish you all the best and please keep us updated! Also please don't hesitate to ask for further help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • AgentTech
    I’m going do MR as it says in an email my mp got didn’t get the eating drinking cutting things up which I need help with most of the time is because I drive I don’t use my right hand fingers to drive I use a push/ pull is whole arm them them points are valuable I’ve heard everything ?
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @AgentTech,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with PIP. If you're thinking of asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration then we have lots of information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website which might be of interest to you.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions then please do get in touch!
    Liam

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.