Pip Captia medical my soical worker call to get home visit I'm concerned — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Captia medical my soical worker call to get home visit I'm concerned

o5jessica
o5jessica Community member Posts: 42 Connected
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi , bit background
I not well at all
So much to cope with.

On Fri 31.8.2018 on another offer meeting frist offer to get support to call capita call centre to why I offered Coventry captia assessment centre.?
When I get all medical NHS health dental health visits to me,
I meet policy, 
So no dwp pip froms said I need gp Letter to  state both complex disability and mental health,
Serous Criss effect I'm still going through.

Effect mum death, this on top having indealth care act assessment.
Additional information of the soical worker reports with full OT assessment reports .I not have,
Nothing up-to-date .
Yet capta call handler so cold to when my soical worker explain,
I need everything done for me personal care I'm one handed this now limited
I had another accident again yesterday.

The call handler captia teyto offer 8am
I'm side effects meds too unsafe to offer this.

When I had to remind soical worker,
Tigger how much I javh to have help to get out my door,
She never explained this,to call centre.

I not hear what call handler captia offer to soical worker,onl o thing I could here, someone get in touch with her?

Yet then I get a Tex, when new offered ,date location?
This now not since 
Date sat 1.9.2018
Capta sent iT reminder letter to go to Coventry.
If not go my dla be stopped.
? I had shock mental Criss over weekend effect me so much. It date of frFrid 31.8.2018
. what..I lead to belivbe by soical worker she be contacted. 
So why the letter?
I have unpaid informal prvite life fetinds to care 
Yet two had to watch over me, my safety,

I so I'll bed all weekend.
Tex to soical worker.
In ask what was said to her.

This what now confused me more?

Care advocate, no help dwp or on pip.
She claims in emails.
That a pip medical assmememt in local centre my town, 
No home visit.

Yet then soical worker email claim. Pip Captia call centre handler said to her,
I be offered different date a home visit,
If I get a letter in post to disrequard it.

As in Fri meeting, 31.8.2018
I app recoding to help me take notes of  meeting. 
No time was anything said by care advocate or soical worker said this to me on that day.
Only that captia plc employee  contact her she gave her wirk hours contact details.

Cspra asked if I was with her,?

This odd, it was like oh of I get to meeting the. I get to cspra assessment centre.

I never been copping in any care assmememt process meeting ?
Nor offfer home visit,
They know you see left living life very unsafe housing, 
Why I end up in hospital emergency, and since my disability illness for got wrose, more so too.
So how do I really know whom correct due. As on frFrid 7.9.2018
Is this week,
My ferinds only time to help email is late evening.
So I kukl to know what best way to know for sure what offer,
? Equally act nor offer either female hpc my recodified equipment I have to record assessment. 
I said I need help set up two cassette tape recorders.too.
Sorry it's long post , I tried everything to get support advice, 
I'm so I'll house bound so much harder to talk hold the phine..

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @o5jessica,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. It sounds like a really tough time for you.

Have you considered contacting our helpline about this? They may be able to offer further advice and support.

You can call them for free on 0808 800 3333 or by emailing helpline@scope.org.uk.
    Liam
  • o5jessica
    o5jessica Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Yes can't get though now block by all my area NHS service gp, 
    Odd 
    I had monMon head injury, having to rest , I too medical can't get my medical practice from support 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @o5jessica,

Sorry to hear that you couldn't get through when calling the helpline. I would suggest trying again as sometimes the lines can get quite busy! Alternatively, you can drop them an email at helpline@scope.org.uk.

It may also be worth contacting your local Citizens Advice, as they may be able to help you, too.

Hope this helps!
    Liam
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    o5jessica,

You clearly couldn't make the date of 1st September and Capita know this. You are housebound - I assume your social worker usually visits you at home too? And if you do have to go to meetings, it's very difficult for you to do so. You're right to mention the Equality Act, I think this means Capita should offer you a home visit. I hope this is going to happen - if it doesn't, you should complain. If the worst happens and your DLA stops, you have a good reason for not attending the 1.9.18 - you were told to ignore the letter, so hopefully that means to ignore the text as well - anyway, you obviously couldn't go.

As regards having a health professional of the same sex, I agree you should be able to ask for this, especially if the HP is coming to your home. The Capita website says this should be for cultural or religious reasons - in this context however I'd just explain that you don't feel comfortable, or give whatever your reasons are (of course if you do have cultural or religious reasons then you should mention them). 

You have to provide your own recording equipment. If you are going to need help to set this up, I think this is a reasonable adjustment that Capita could make (again, quoting the Equality Act). So what I would be arguing for is:

home visit
    female HP
    you provide the recording equipment but the HP (or someone else Capita provides) helps you to set it up (I assume you know that it has to be audio cassette or CD & they need 2 identical copies; you give one to the assessor at the end of the appointment)

If it possible for your social worker or one of your friends to contact your MP for you if you need further help? CAB may also be useful, or a local disability organisation, but if you are having difficulties getting the home visit you need then your MP might be a particularly good source of help. Intervention from an MP's office can be more effective.  It's also important that MPs realise how the PIP assessment process just isn't good enough for the disabled people who have to use it. It isn't accessible and it really needs to be!

Good luck.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• sare49
    sare49 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hope you are ok, sounds very stressful for you.
    Take care and I hope you get the help you need 
    sarah

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.