PIP DECISION — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP DECISION

perry212
perry212 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hi Guys

Just after some advice really, I was awarded enhanced rate mobility around 18 mths ago. After getting diagnosed with low grade active brain tumours, epilepsy but due to my seizures getting worse and getting diagnosed with anxiety and depression I had to give up my job and focus on my health. I was advised by my doctor and health worker to reapply for pip to get the living part allowances of pip. As my partner works part time we decided to put the enhanced part of my pip to get the car as go to hospital a lot. It’s been nearly 7 weeks since my meeting with pip and still not heard no response back. Just wondering if there anything I can do chase it up as I don’t want to lose the car, As I’ve heard story’s when reapplying for pip you might not getting awarded anything.

Any advice would be great full

Thank you, David,

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @perry212
    Welcome to the community! All I can advise is it might be worth trying to chase it up, other than that I'm unsure how to advise you, I'm sorry. However another member of the community may be able to advise you more and will be in contact with you soon. I wish you all the best and please keep us updated :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @perry212,

Welcome to Scope's online community. :)

In terms of your PIP meeting, are you now waiting for the result of your assessment? If so, then it can take between six to eight weeks for a decision on your PIP claim to be made.

If you ever want to find out more about the status of your claim, then you can 
    contact the PIP helpline on 0800 121 4433. 
    Liam
  • perry212
    perry212 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks Ami and Liam 
    Yeah it the results of my assessment I'm waiting for, I will wait  a  couple more days then  ring them . Also can you  get the money before  decision letter is that  always the case. I'm sure when I got awarded the mobility part the money went in first . 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Perry212,

I found this information on the Turn2Us website which might be of interest to you:
    "Your Personal Independence Payment (PIP) will start being paid after you receive your decision letter. Your decision letter tells you whether you qualify for PIP and how much you will get.
    PIP is usually paid every four weeks."
    I hope this answers your question. Do keep us posted on the results of your assessment! :) 
    Liam
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.