when will pip start — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

when will pip start

Options
blitzy123
blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
hi all juts a quick question as a bit confussed my son was on dla turned 16 in may 2018 was aked to claim pip by june 27th i did and hes had his assesement reportt hrou just waiting on decision his dla is  due to run out november 18th if his pip is suscessful when would his pip start from i know he wont get both and still rec dla at the moment would it be thedate of decision or when i made claim  thank you

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not sure but somebody will correct me I think its the date of your pip award it will all be explained in your award letter of what your sons award is regarding daily living and mobility, start date and length of the award when payments start there will be no overlap,of payments.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If successful, first payment will be 4 weeks after the last DLA payment. DLA/PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears and the DLA will be paid for a further 4 weeks after the decision. When transferring from DLA, PIP is not backdated. Full details will be in the award letter, if successful. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.