Hi, my name is Joannecutler1! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Joannecutler1!

Options
Joannecutler1
Joannecutler1 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Glad to join you all. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Joannecutler1
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Joannecutler1
    Options
    I wanted to join to help me and many others deal with the invisible disability , depression..I m currently trying to cope with a heavy breakdown. I've got support from nurses who visit every other day  meds too and distraction techniques, all the tools I need apparently. But I feel so angry and guilty that I'm like this. Does anyone out there battle with these thoughts constantly? I try the techniques  but can't even bring myself to do that most days. 
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Sorry to hear you have had a really tough time, you might like to check out the Mental Health section to read others experiences. I suffer with depression and I'm really surprised I haven't had a breakdown after everything that has happened to me this year, I do get angry at myself for being the way I am but I've realised I shouldn't best myself up about it and learnt to be kinder to myself. If you ever need someone to talk to we are here for you :)
  • Joannecutler1
    Options
    Ah, I'm so amazed to get a reply, but I no its early. But thank you so much . It makes me feel so selfish too. I no many people are dealing with far more than I am, I feel a fraud for joining here too, if I had a physical disability  I no that my mind would accept that easier, and I certainly don't mean to say physical disabilities are easier to cope with, I'm sure they must be harder, causing mental health issues too and that humbles me. X
  • Ami2301
    Options
    I know it's easier said than done but try not to feel that' way, everybody is welcome to join, this is what Scope is about, we are all equal, we all are facing difficulties no matter the severity of them. We are here for each other. I think it's easier to think the negative of ourselves rather than the positives. You are 100% NOT a fraud! :) xx
  • Joannecutler1
    Options
    Thank you . Its amazing that words from a complete stranger can make one feel better. I do hope I can help anyone sometime soon. 
  • Ami2301
    Options
    You're very welcome! How are you feeling today? :)
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Joannecutler1,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board. :)

As @Ami2301 mentions, you may find the Mental Health category useful. If there's anything else we can help with, then please do let us know!
    Liam
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Joannecutler1   Pleased to meet you .

Thank you for sharing what you are going through.

Please can I add we are a community that care and share. We are friendly. There is no barriers here. I joined last year.

Became a community champion and support those coming onto the site.  Plus help and comfort those who have problems and issues that we as a community can advise.

I have seen so many people come on here to get the help, support, information they need to fulfil there lives.

All I can add we do not discriminate.  Any one who has a disability or mental health issues or illness . Every body has a story to tell.

Using that story to inspire others, help those who are themselves struggling to come to terms with a similar issue they may have.

Being a gent with a disability and mental health issues. Find using my wealth of knowledge and life experiences. To give others my favourite phrase. Sunshine down the line.

Reading your story would that inspire others. Give them positivity and may be help those like your self.  Simply do a post. Under Mental health new discussions you be amazed the amount of people. Who will contact you and be interested.

I know about mental health and the depression, anxiety of the illness.  Having to take medication plus the thoughts you have. Just am acutely aware of it all.

One aspect is trying to reason with yourself. Be good and just kind. Have these feelings of self worthless and be  so tired all the time.

One of my suggestions is to use this forum for advice and information.

Have a look around especially Mental health . Lots of comments from community members happy to support, share with you.

Understand I write extensively on mental health coping methods and other issues. Please have a look at my posts.  If they help.

On diet, wellbeing and other related.

I am happy to help and advise. Always ready to listen anytime.

Pleasure to have met you

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Joannecutler1
    Options
    Ah thank you I shall definitely be reading your posts x