Discretionary trust fund — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Discretionary trust fund

gwendaflow
gwendaflow Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone,  I haven't had a chance to come back until now. Matthew tried to commit suicide [content removed by moderator].  I had nobody to watch Matthew whilst I had G.P appointments regarding Matthew.  I have been chatting to my local MP Christina Rees M.P and they helped twice fighting 2 assessment appointments but still fighting for home assessment no staff available!! Today they put me intouch with discretionary trust fund so awaiting reply. This is money that you don't pay back and it can help you in lots of ways. Don't know for how much but I'll keep you posted.  Anybody that's struggling finatially because of illness should check it out online. Hop this information gets out there because nobody tells you these things. 
Kind regards 
Gwenda 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gwendaflow and thank you for taking the time to share this with us. I am sorry about Matthew and hope you can get the support put into place. If you need anything at all then please do not hesitate to be in touch!
    Scope

• gwendaflow
    gwendaflow Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Chloe,  Thankyou for listening. I'm struggling with matthews rock bottom thoughts and talk of suicide still.  He's with mind but no matter what they say ,it doesn't take his pain away.  3 months constantly day and night and he said enough is enough.  His medication doesn't work. It's so difficult to keep him positive.  I cannot leave him out of my sight. I received a  payment of £50 from the fund today which I was extremely grateful for but heating on day and night it will cover that for a week on payment meter. Sammaritans fund haven't yet replied.  Don't know what else to do. 
    Kind regards 
    Gwenda 

Brightness