Need some advice sorry - PIP mental health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need some advice sorry - PIP mental health

Options
Merlinz110
Merlinz110 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi and to begin with i really appreciate this being here,
I'm 27 years old and suffer with depression and OCDs and was diagnosed with aspergers as a child, ive got so many problems ranging from not being able to touch red meat, getting manic whenever something feels too difficult, having to put things on the floor so it feels cleaner, touching things an even amount of times and having to have things even or it drives me crazy, everything seems so difficult in comparison to how fast and easily other people do normal things, i have light switch problems as well where i have to flick them on and off an even number of times and look out and in the room an even number of times it drives me nuts and have had it all my life, im really bad with people and come across as offensive easily and hate going out because i find it really hard because it just makes me too anxious, i think people are watching me but i know deep down nothing is wrong but cant help it, my nan and my partner help me with my washing and my cooking and i get help with taking the right amounts of medication, i dont know how i would cope alone.  i had DLA enhanced rate of daily living all my life and then was moved on to PIP for 3 years without a problem and 2+ years in i was advised by friends and family that there was a change in mental health and the mobility element, so i rang them up with my partners assistance which i found really hard and confrontational, but i said the truth about everything, and she told me that i should do a new application, but ask them only to look at the mobility part of it as nothing of my daily living has changed, she said i wouldnt lose anything but then did a statutory speech on the phone i think which contradicted what she said.

i did my new application practiclaly the same as all of my old ones, as nothing seems to get better, it just gets worse and some OCDs simply change but dont go away, i went to an assessment and was really nervous, i couldnt wait to get out of there, but again i told the truth about how i struggle in day to day life.

my PIP was cut off without a letter in the post, and i have been so confused, they ignored my doctors letters and a case manager said i didnt "look" disabled, there were a lot of contradictions in the whole thing, and a lot of them lied and ignored what i said.

i raised a complaint and put a mandatory reconsideration in and i got a call back from them around 2 weeks later, a kind lady telling me that she apologises and can see that there are clear contradictions and told me and my partner clearly that a lot of elements had been "overlooked", she said she would look into it and get back to me.

when i got the complaint answer through the post, they completely ignored the raw elements of the complaint and when i told them that they had already admitted fault, they said they couldnt find the call on there systems even though i told them the exact date and time, it made me feel gutted and betrayed, another case manager said that my doctor said they were supporting me "in" and not "to" and that is why they wouldnt use the letter as evidence, and others stated i didnt look ill or simply ignored the fact that i cant cook for myself and do many things, and they just scored 0 on all of it.

i feel really let down and ive always been honest about my problems, i dont know why they would ignore 3 doctors letters supporting me and the fact that im on medication that helps me with the manic issues and ocds/sleep problems/depression that i have, and at the same time a lot of this stuff works, it also pays a toll, for example makes you feel really tired, but it is worth it if that ball of anxiety sitting on your chest is squashed down a bit just for an hour or two.  if that makes sense? sorry about the really bad explanation above any help would be greatly appreciated

i currently am waiting for a PIP tribunal hearing, and have sent more supporting evidence from my mental health team.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Merlinz110   Pleased to meet you .

Welcome. Thank you for sharing you story. Sorry what has happened.

You have the done the right thing by contacting us the community.  I understand and hope we can support and help you.

Given what you have said you obviously are having problems. Understanding how your mental health is and how you are coping.  Dealing with everything.

Have you spoken to our team on 808 800 3333.

Have you seen our advice, information on mental health could be useful.

Wanted to add we are a friendly supportive community who care and share.

Lots of information, advice from our members.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Merlinz110 and a very warm welcome to the community! I am really sorry to hear about your experiences and you definitely did the right thing for persevering and taking it to tribunal. 
    I appreciate that this is must be an incredibly difficult time for yourself- but you are doing amazing! I hope you keep the community updated about your claim and in the meantime please do have a look around the community. You may find the ASD, disabled people and mental health issues good boards to have a look at :)
    If you need anything at all then please do let me know!
    Scope

• Merlinz110
    Options
    All i can say is thank you so much for your support, it really does help and it made me feel stronger about the whole process, i have recently had a call from PIP telling me that i will now be awarded enhanced daily living and standard mobility, i couldn't be happier, but i am still so sad about so many other people who are going to suffer the exact same way.

I owe ESA some money from a couple of years ago due to an over-payment, will they use the backdated PIP money to pay off the ESA over-payment? any further advice would be amazing and thanks again, ill be sure to donate soon too and ill be sure to stick around because you are sure making a difference to many lives because your kind words made a difference to mine, i also used the number above which was of great help, again, thank you, and thank you SCOPE.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words @Merlinz110!!!
    We really appreciate the feedback and we are so happy that you have benefited from using the community! I personally don't know the answer to this question. However, you could start a new discussion and I am sure other people in the community will be able to help :)
    Scope

• najdi
    najdi Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    I claim ESA support group more then 5 years
    manteal health

i get my reassessment form about 6 month ago
    i gave it to my DR he filled it send it back to them since then I heard nothing from them
    i called them 
    they said we have it 
    we need to decide if you have to do face to face interviews or not

6 months now and no reply 
    is this normal 
    my money is coming as normally every 2 weeks
    but has an realy worry about it and I keep thinking about day and night it’s makes my live  difficult 
    i don’t know why I keep thinking they may watching me I stopped going out I changed my telephone and now I am thinking about  suicide I don’t have any one to turn to
    as I don’t trust any one and this is part of my problem 
    can you advice me please
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Yes, perfectly normal to wait several months or more. It depends on the backlog in your area. Your money will continue until a decision is made and they certainly won't be watching you. As you're having those thoughts maybe speak to your GP, who maybe able to help you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Merlinz110
    Options
    Hi nadji, I got your post via email and all I can say is im so so sorry that you have been through such unnecessary turmoil.  All I can suggest is calling them and asking them what's going on as that's the only way you will know, however if it's months and months later I'm assuming you passed your reassessment and they are just slow.  Or you would have been cut off fast than you can imagine (trust me lol..^)

Be strong and don't let it get to you, sleep good and eat good and only worry about what is and not 'what if*,  I struggle with paranoia and anxiety too, I genuinely believe there are people and parked cars watching my home even though I have nothing to hide! There are ways to deal with this and your not alone, I suggest making your own forum post as the people here are amazing and very supportive! And you will get more answers to your questions.  Good luck and happy Halloween!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     I genuinely believe there are people and parked cars watching my home even though I have nothing to hide! 
    My past experiences tell me that that is entirely possible for many reasons.
    Years back I bought my wife a pub to run as an eatery. for me it was a refuge after a working day in London and a long drive home One particular dark night a couple of the regulars said that there was a suspicious car across the road. I went over only to be told by the occupants that they were police officers watching one of my customers. They then moved off. Also I have known people intent on burglary to watch houses from a car/van parked in the road.

Not everything is in the mind, there may well be some truth in it.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.