PIP and MR refused and now appealing to tribunal. Is anyone else in the same situation? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and MR refused and now appealing to tribunal. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Losthope123
Losthope123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi group 
I had my pip & MR refused zero points for severe depression/ sucicidal now appealing to tribunal anyone else in same situation ? 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Losthope123   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry what has happened. Thank you for joining.

Please can I ask if you feel suicidal then you need to talk to some one like the Samaritans.

Have a look at the MIND website for advice, information and support for your mental health.

Concern and care for a community member just a suggestion.

Please can add also there will be members of our community who do understand.

I am one.  They will be in touch to support and give you words of comfort.

Consider looking at our benefit advice for support and information.

Hope that helps.  Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Losthope123,

Welcome to the community. :) I'm sure other members will be in touch soon to share their experiences of the tribunal process which you might find helpful.

We also have lots of information about tribunals on our website which may be of interest to you.

You mention suicidal thoughts in your post. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org.

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself: http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/ 

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away. 

Liam
  • Losthope123
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, many people are waiting for a Tribunal. There's also lots of people that claim PIP successfully without the MR and Tribunal but we rarely hear their story.

Less than 20% of MR decisions change but you have a better chance with Tribunal if you appear in person. Are you planning on appearing? Do you have help from a representative with the process or are you doing it yourself. 

Remember PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily.

Tribunal backlogs are huge across most of the country and some are waiting 1 year and more for their hearing date. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Losthope123
    Hi poppy 
    yes I’m going to the tribunal I want my voice to be heard of the daily struggles I have , gosh a year is a very long time , my citizens advice will represent me or my mental health nurse may have someone to help . 
    Thanks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.