PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Macky47
Macky47 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
I had f2f for PIP 16 August, got a txt msg 20 August to say they had received the assessor's report. I received a letter today to say they now have all the information they need to make a decision. The letter was dated 31 August. I don't know if this is good or bad. How long before I hear about decision, it also states on letter I don't need to contact them. Am really worried. What does everyone think. 

Comments

• easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Don't worry. This is a normal letter they send out when they they have the information to make a decision. It could still be a few weeks before you hear what it is.  
  • Macky47
    The worst part is the waiting, do they inform you of decision by letter, or txt ??
  • blitzy123
    blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    the rec mine on 20st of august n i not got a letter but i did ring in for copy of asessement report
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Macky47 said:
    The worst part is the waiting, do they inform you of decision by letter, or txt ??
    Always by letter. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Macky47
    Blitzy123, so have you received a decision yet ???
  • Macky47
    Poppy. Thank you
  • Macky47
    Hi, I've been on another site, ppl on there saying DWP don't ask GP, Consultants etc for information, to support your claim for PIP. That can't be true. Surely. ????
  • easy
    They may not always ask for information but they do sometimes. They also say on other sites that gp's don't return questionaires but they often do this as well. Try and relax and do something to take your mind of it. 
    I know this is easier said than done, you will hear soon. Good luck.   
  • Macky47
    Thank you, I will try to relax, but finding this very stressful, am also waiting to hear from DWP about possible backdated payments, from July 2013, am receiving contribution based esa support group, but they think I should have possibly been put on income related ESA. They sent me a letter last week & rang me Monday. They think it could take from 8-12 weeks. So am really stressed. 
  • easy
    If you live alone and nobody claims carers allowance for you you could be in with a good chance. Hold on in there.
  • Macky47
    Hi easy, yeah, I live alone, & noone claims carers allowance for me. 
  • pigeon55
    pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
    Had text message regarding my pip assessment 2 months ago. Recived text 6 weeks ago saying they had all the info and I would be notified in 4 weeks it's almost 7 weeks now and heard nothing.
  • Macky47
    Hi pigeon, that's shocking, I got txt 20 August, saying it would be 4 weeks. Am still waiting as well. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    These dates are only a guide so be patient and if not done already request a copy of your acessment report makes interesting reading and gives an indication of what your award may be.
  • blitzy123
    blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Macky47 said:
    Blitzy123, so have you received a decision yet ???
    not yet  
  • Macky47
    Blitz. No still waiting.
  • pigeon55
    pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
    Time to ring them and ask for copy of my assessment report today. All this waiting causes so much stress yet we are given time limits for our replys.
  • Macky47
    I totally agree
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Macky47 said:
    Hi, I've been on another site, ppl on there saying DWP don't ask GP, Consultants etc for information, to support your claim for PIP. That can't be true. Surely. ????
    It’s your claim so you have to prove your entitlement with supporting evidence not the DWP. There are very limited circumstances where they will contact medical professionals and contrary to assertions here it happens very rarely.
    Hi, I recently requested any letters from psychologist to my GP to send me a copy also, for DWP purposes. I was told no as the DWP will contact my GP for any letters etc.
    I did try as say that they don’t but my request for copy letters was refused. I did this so I had all letters and would not need to ask my overworked GP.

So why do the medical profession think the DWP will contact them when In fact they don’t??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm very surprised that your psychologist has refused to send you copies of all letters sent to your GP. I must admit in all the years i've had hospital appointments with various consultants, i've never been refused a copy. You have every right to have a copy of all letters sent to your GP and your Psychologist can't refuse you these.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.