esa review, sdp and contact from dwp when you have disabilities — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa review, sdp and contact from dwp when you have disabilities

livonia
livonia Community member Posts: 75 Courageous
well guys and gals, i am not much of a message boarder but i am so stressed.
dwp have  sat on my esa review since april 
no sdp since my pip award result, ignored all my letters but updated my esa award to say the p doesn't reduce my esa payments. 
ignored my request that my daughter put in form me saying due to my severe anxiety and ptsd i can't make calls to them and asking for a reasonable adjustment - to be able to email.
well the guy told my support worker if i don't have an appointee (no one is able - my daughter is 100 miles away) he doesn't know what to suggest - says email not available i can only correspond by letter or phone them.  yup he said phone - support worker said you have medical evidence she can't do this .  Boy i'd like to be well enough to go back to work - well in bloomin would wound't I.  I would swap my fibro, anxiety, ptsd to name a few of my issues with his job - yup even his job for good health and happiness.
they said my 'case' is has been processed as a clerical case and as such he has no digital information available.  he can only say that no sdp awarded, cant see any decision maker allocated , no esa decision on review and that the department who deal with that the health advisory - we have to ring them to ask about a paper based decision.  support worker said all evidence and requests are in writing sent recorded and received by dwp - so where has dwp sent them - he couldn't say.
he said he couldn't understand what there was for me to worry about as the forms being dealt with by the health department (!!!) they make the decisions (urm no they don't) and i am in support group getting paid - so what is there to worry about - he actually said that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sdp form done on the phone - he couldn't answer why my letter and the pip award  hasn't triggered the payment.  support worker pressed him that surely it should be automatic - again non committal - he said 'not necesessarily'.  Support worker said they need to make sure the decision maker is aware of my disabilities and inability to speak on the phone or respond to calls/text.  oh i can't do that he said i have already submitted the form.
so much for reasonable adjustments.  I have had to wait two weeks for my support worker to be able to call on me to make these calls.  how on earth do people cope with no one to help them.

I feel really forgotten, ignored, upset and actually a bit cross.

Sorry for long post.  i am sad to know that many will have already hit this brick wall too.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,
    I'm sorry you're going through this. Unfortunately the SDP isn't automatically awarded because of the criteria. Have DWP refused you the SDP or just not awarded it yet? Do you live alone, or classed as living alone? Does anyone claim carers allowance for looking after you? You say your daughter lives 100 miles away, is she a student in university? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • livonia
    Son is uni I sent them evidence of his tenancies that cover 12 months continuously no one claims carers no non depend deduction 
  • poppy123456
    You won't have any non dependant deductions because you claim PIP. SDP has nothing to do with non dependant deductions. Hope you get this sorted soon and you have a decision on the ESA re-assessment soon too. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • livonia
    Surely dwp ignoring a request for reasonable adjust isn’t legal 
  • poppy123456
    The problem here is there's no email address for DWP ESA.
  • livonia
    I’ve been paid my sdp . But dwp failed to send my medical evidence for my Esa review they’ve had since April to the health advisories service. My sons emailed the advisory service with documentation . This system is so complicated. He had to convert the documents I had copied and make them small enough luckily he’s away at uni doing computers science I’d never be able to deal with without his help . 
  • poppy123456
    When you're sent an ESA50 form it's not sent from DWP, it's sent straight from the health assessment providers, so when you return it, you're sending it straight back to them and not DWP. Did you send your evidence with the ESA50 form? Or did you send it after and sent it to DWP instead?
  • livonia
    Both both but no my form has gone to benefit process centre definitely not the Bristol health advisory service who arrange medicals
  • poppy123456
    livonia said:
    Both both but no my form has gone to benefit process centre definitely not the Bristol health advisory service who arrange medicals
    Very strange that because the return address for ESA50 forms is not the DWP, it's the health assessment providers and always has been. This maybe where your problems are.
  • livonia
    Yes my original form went to my old address my support worker rang in April and they sent replacement but address to return was the Esa process centre on my award. I’m convinced they’ve lost my form. Tho health advisory Sd they have form but only that ! There was a lot of evidence sent . Very frustrating given it’s September now 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.