Income related ESA benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Income related ESA benefits

simoneeze
simoneeze Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my name is Michelle and have been on income related ESA for years but I still don’t know what I’m entitled to in relation of dental treatment and glasses as I also receive DLA and I also have the mobility car.
So any help I would be grateful for as I need to see the dentist and have a eye test for glasses.
many thanks Michelle 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Income Related ESA will entitle you to free dental/prescriptions and eye tests but you need to make sure that it's Income related you're definitely claiming and not contribution based. I can't tell you the amount of people that get totally confused by this. Your DLA makes no difference to any of this. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @simoneeze
    If you are unsure of exactly what you’ll be entitled to as regards the Opticians.If you go in they will tell you exactly how much you can claim towards frames lenses etc.The same applies to your dental treatment.You will need to take proof of which benefit you get in with you before they can allocate the vouchers.
        Debsidoo.x
  • simoneeze
    simoneeze Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for your help and yes I do get income related ESA because I checked.
    But I will take my forms with me to be checked over anyway.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.