Received bundle - now what? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received bundle - now what?

Options
unicorn85
unicorn85 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, ive appealed my pip - just received the bundle from dwp....what should i do next? 
Do the tribunal contact me ? When do i send the submission?
Just a bit lost as to what i should do now.....
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @unicorn87, welcome to the community!

Good to hear that you've begun the process of appealing. There's some useful information on the process and timeframes involved on the Citizens Advice PIP Page (near the bottom) and also some more information on appealing a DWP decision on Scope's website.

You might also find it helpful to look through past discussion in the PIP/DLA category, to see the experiences others have had. If you have any further questions, just let us know!
  • unicorn85
    Options
    Next? Go get some advice from your local independent advice agency such as Citizens Advice or a local authority welfare rights service and secure yourself a representative. Statistically it's your best chance of success but in the first instance get someone to check out what you have so far. 

Consider very carefully if you want to add medical or other evidence. 

Check out the Benefits and Work web site for some good resources (I don't work for them).

Lots more to be said but that would be my starting point. 

To answer your specific questions:

1) HMCTS will most likely next contact you with a date and time as all the stuff around your availability and reasonable adjustments should have been put on your SSCS1 appeal form. 

2) You send any written submission asap, assuming you have asked for an oral hearing. You have asked for an oral hearing haven't you?
    Hi, yes i asked for an oral hearing....so i send the submission in detailing what i disagree with and why?
    Do i send this to dwp as well?
    Should i title it as 'my submission '???
  • unicorn85
    Options
    I haven't received anything from the tribunal as to what i should do??
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You send your submission to the tribunal and they will send copies of any new evidence to the DWP

This is what you should use to prepare your claim from. Any new evidence should be attached to the back with your name and NI on each page

To prepare your submission
    First write a brief hstory of your claim

Then take each descriptor , one at a time, say what points were awarded and what points you believe should have ben awarded and why.

Do this for all descriptors even the ones that are correct

For the one you are disputing.
    Reference each decriptor to page and paragraph of the evidence. Lead the reader to the exact place to find the point you wish to make. Make it easy for them to find, they don't want to have to read the equivalent of "war and Peace" to find the truth. Make it idiot proof.

Do that for each descriptor in turn even if you are referencing to the same place for different descriptors 

Write a brief summary totalling the points that you say should be awarded and the award level that you should get.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • unicorn85
    Options
    When i do the sumission do i send the whole bundle in as well?....

cr mentioned adding new evidence to the back - so that means i send the whole bundle back again with new evidence/statements from family etc?

Just a bit confused - sorry.....
  • Adi72
    Adi72 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
    Options
    How soon does the submission have to be returned after receiving the bundle?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,022 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no rush, waiting times for Tribunals are huge and you could be waiting 1 year or more, depending on where you are in the country. Any extra evidence, including the submission should arrived with the Tribunal no later than 10 days before the hearing. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adi72
    Options
    @poppy123456 Thanks for your reply.Been waiting for quite a while now so hopefully it be within the next few months.Hope to have some new evidence also?

Feel very scared and not sleeping much now.The PIP is for my daughter and I am her Carer so all my benefits have stopped(difficult times).

Crossed fingers and toes now
  • Adi72
    Options
    How do people survive financially when most have to wait for a year for any money from benefits once tribunal is heard??

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.