I do t feel safe on here — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I do t feel safe on here

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
I am on here because of pip and mental health issues. I don't take kindly to want I was encountered on here last night I was tricked I presumed was related to pip a name sani in here is using people to get her brother a relationship I had to delete my e-mails addesses I lost so much information which was very important had nothing to do with pip or mental health issues. I don't wish to be intimidated 

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi Sam12,

That user has now been removed from the community.

I'm very sorry you experienced this. For your own safety - please don't share your personal details with other users.
  • sam12
    No am not I never been so spooked in my life they looked dangerous people thanks for removing them if am in doubt over anything I contact u this a support line not dating line people who not well why we in here 
  • sam12
    Police been in touch with me. They notify social services. Talk to bother he given 2nd story police not buyin it. But because it happen while ago  they Kant take legal action against old carer.finally my brother proven violent he was towards career  . He been  violent to me physically so I am waiting 4 social workers to get in touch with me .years I waited for poof of brother being violent justice been said 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    HI @sam12, thank you for keeping us updated about this. Are you currently safe? I hope the social worker is in touch with you soon and is able to offer more information and support.
    Scope

• sam12
    Police are ringing the social workers for my mum.yws am safe in flat. As long as no one tricks me online .just keeping busy. Waitin for news on my pip soon be coming they probably get it today am sure be. High rate. My bf will protect make sure my brother don't harm or abuse me least people know now.he taken away me and my mum relationship not be the same the damage is done my mental health state. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    I am glad to hear you're safe @sam12. I hope you do hear about PIP today. Keeping busy is a great idea! What do you do to keep busy? You may also want to post in reasons to be cheerful. It might be nice for you to write a list- completely up to you through! We're here if you need anything :)
    Scope

• sam12
    Only be sent of for Mr not appeal just wait result ono
  • Chloe_Scope
    We all have our fingers crossed for you!
    Scope

• sam12
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Hi. Interesting! Hope you are ok. 

Admin- I too had a couple of weird emails too from this member. Her ails are deleted now, all pretty weird, said I was happy to chat on forum pages only! 

Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
  • Mumof2ds
    @sam12

I too had private messages from the deleted user. 

Hope you are ok? 

Admin - Should I change my email address ? I chose not to make contact outside of Forum as they asked me too, or via FB. I felt very odd emails too though. 

P X 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Mumof2ds, thank you for letting us know about this. I am sorry this has happened. If you ever feel uncomfortable then please feel free to email the community on community@scope.org.uk :)
    Scope

• Mumof2ds
    Hi @Chloe_Scope

Thank you. I'm ok, just two really odd , heavy messages, but did not make contact outside the forum group community as she asked me too. Just felt strange, and didn't feel right, so ignored and kept comments shott and sweet in reply to requests. Didn't get involved. 

Did not want to contact you on pages, could not  see how to do that privately. With my anxiety and deptedsdep, I wondered if I was over thinking her messages. Obviously not!! 

P X 
  • Mumof2ds
    Excuse  my fabulous typos ?
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited September 2018
    Just reading this thread

Sorry to hear that some people are try to cause you hardship and acting rather weird. Don't rise to them.

Just a word of warning.....  I have mentioned this before on Scope and it also goes for any other interet website. Ie: Facebook, etc.

For anyone looking for any kind of information, whether it be for help or relationship on Internet websites, remember always be mindful of what your doing, and be very wary and careful,  before indulging and giving any personal details of any kind.

If you receive Private messages etc, or anything of a personal nature asking for you personal information, be very mindful in replying to them as you maybe opening yourself up for loads of unsavoury issues.

For the members of Scope always report if it makes you feel uncomfortable, or doesent ring true, my advice is only use Personal massages if you feel ok with doing so, if you have recieved a Personal Message on here or any site and your not comfortable with it's contents, Then (don't reply) to otherwise it could open up all kinds of trouble. 

As @Chloe_Scope has also mentioned above, email the community on community@scope.org.uk

Good luck and stay safe.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Mumof2ds
    Thank you everyone. 

Thank you @Government_needs_reform, I chose to not act upon the private messages, but know and appreciate I over think things since my depression and anxiety hit, but as ever go by my gut feeling. XX 

Keep safe, @sam12 XX 
  • sam12
    Yeah am. Beinf careful my mind not in a functional normal am in a withdrawal times am not alert am. Still healing 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    How did they get your email address? Hope all is ok now
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hope you're doing okay today @sam12 :)
    Scope

Brightness