I have a home visit but I did not ask for one. Is this a good sign? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have a home visit but I did not ask for one. Is this a good sign?

pound1234
pound1234 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have a home vist on the 12 sep 
i dint ask for a home visit .is this a good sign that they are comeing to me x

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @pound1234 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. Thank you for joining.

How can the community advise.?

Have a look at our benefit advice and information for anything you wished to know.

We are a supportive friendly community. Care and share.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pound1234
    Welcome to the community!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @pound1234,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

You say that you did not ask for a home visit. Have you considered contacting your assessment provider to ask why you are having a home visit?

Your assessor will either be Atos which you can email using 
    PIP-customerservice@atos.net or Capita, which you can contact via their website.

Our benefits advisors also said this on another community discussion which might be of interest to you:
    "Usually home visits are only if the claimant requests it. I wonder if there was something on the claim forms which makes the assessment firm think that perhaps there are access issues with the centre they would otherwise use? Or it may be that they are doing this in order to get through their backlog, as delays have been an issue with PIP in the past."
    I hope this helps. If you have any other questions then please do let us know!
    Liam
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    I have had 2 home visits over the years and never asked for one so i would not say it was a good sign or a bad one
  • pound1234
    Hi I have had my home vist i felt so uncomable I explain that I am in bed alway everyday as the pain and the pain killers I am on make me sleep so I told him it was a man I am a lady 38 as I told him I had bed sores on my num he ask to see them I said I dint want to and he said well he needs to see them I had to pull my pants down and show h8m I felt so embarrassed a shame upset and felt like I was a piece of dirty off his shoe I am still very upset by this i after he ask this I was in tears and just want him to lever but he said he could not leve till after the assessment i still cry about this I a man as shame I can’t get out of bed or dress my self and the fact I have bed sore is not nice to show anyone can anyone tell me if he should of ask to see them please 
  • markcumbria
    markcumbria Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Hi pound  I really think that you could make a complaint about the person who asked to see the sores because he was the opposite sex because if it had been a female who done the home visit you would not have had any problem my advice is see what others think about what you said and maybe try and get some advice from the citizens advice bureau to see what helpful advice they give you good luck in your claim.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    pound1234 said:
    Hi I have a home vist on the 12 sep 
    i dint ask for a home visit .is this a good sign that they are comeing to me x
    Is this an ATOS assessment? If so they must have determined that for whatever reason you are not able to get to one of their assessment centres
    If it is a CAPITA assessment, they took the contract on offering more home visits than ones at an assessment centre.
  • pound1234
    Hi I phone pip up and explain what happen a few thing happen in m6 home vist one asking to see my bed sores .and when he ask where my other tables was I told him them was in m6 draw 8n my bedroom and as he when upstairs to get them he also brought a passport down and said I’ve got your passport but it was my sons passport as mine was on the chair down stairs he did not ask to see it once even after I told he that was my son and mine was on the chair the lady on the phone was so upset the way I was treated and give me the email adress phone number and told me to make a complat s9 I’ve sent a email as well as phone up xx

• Smartina
    Smartina Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I’m so sorry for you x this is absolutely appalling behaviour X he seemed like a real wrong one didn’t he x it’s awful letting some into your person life you don’t know especially when we are vulnerable for what ever reason x but this is prime example of taking advantage x Im sending healing ❤️‍🩹 love and strength to you x and to just blow that horrible feeling of him right of out of your home and off you 🙏🙏😘❤️‍🩹 x whooosh gone that horrible person lv 🙏🙏😘x did you complain? X 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Smartina said:
    I’m so sorry for you x this is absolutely appalling behaviour X he seemed like a real wrong one didn’t he x it’s awful letting some into your person life you don’t know especially when we are vulnerable for what ever reason x but this is prime example of taking advantage x Im sending healing ❤️‍🩹 love and strength to you x and to just blow that horrible feeling of him right of out of your home and off you 🙏🙏😘❤️‍🩹 x whooosh gone that horrible person lv 🙏🙏😘x did you complain? X 

This thread is more than 4 years old and the member hasn't been active for just over 4 years. The thread refers to a home visit but they no longer do home visits and haven't for almost 3 years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.