claiming care element of PIP whilst my son is at college?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

claiming care element of PIP whilst my son is at college??

Options
Derwen2018
Derwen2018 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Please can anyone help with which legal document details how you can claim for the first 28 days when he attends college and then if he spends 29 days at home the link is broken and we get paid for the following 28 days again.

We have also read somewhere that the day he travels home i.e. for the weekend then that counts as a day at home.My son is going to start on Monday and when i rang the DWP to ask how they worked this out as they could not predict how often he came home they stated they had no forms and I would just need to keep ringing them up.

Seeing as how it took 20 minutes to get through to them this is such a waste of time there must be a better way.Please.

Where can i find the official evidence to support me with this?
Derwen2018

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP isn't means tested and students can claim PIP if they attend college. There's no 28 day rule that I know of. 

Are you asking about your son's PIP claim or a PIP claim for yourself? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Derwen2018
    Options
    Thanks .it is claiming for my son.There was a letter on here from September 2017 which talked about being able to receive payment for the first 28 days but I need the legal document which backs this up and can't seem to find it.
  • Derwen2018
    Options
    Thanks that sounds what I am looking for it is a special college so would be relevant Please can you send me the official link so I can use it to prove my case.?Many thanks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.