13 years since last mri — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

13 years since last mri

Options
seasideMark
seasideMark Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Im not sure if anyone can help, I was diagnosed with degenerative disk disease 13 years ago, at the time I was told that operating could make things worse (5 lower disks) and the odds of walking again were not great. Ive had every medication, from morphine to fentynl but ive never been pain free. Recently my pain levels are increasing, including a pain going through my groin (i dont know if its connected) .
can i request an mri to see how much worse my spine has got and see if theres any new treatments or do i just suffer in silence. I always feel like im wasting the doctors time when i see him and all he does is either up my pain relief or try a different pain killer.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @seasideMark, sorry to hear about your higher levels of pain! I would definitely go back to the doctor if you have had a change in symptoms. Like you say, there may be new treatments that could benefit your condition! I wish you the very best of luck and please do keep us updated :)
    Scope

• seasideMark
    seasideMark Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for replying Chloe, its so difficult talking to the doctor, over the years I always get the same result "theres nothing more we can do", to which i retreat and try to cope, normally at my family's expense with everything from short temper to depression and eventually i shut myself away. The Doctor knows all this, any ideas on what i could say to push things to the next level

Brightness