Reassement worry.. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reassement worry..

Options
The_worrier
The_worrier Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi all, approximately 3 years ago my Dad was assessed for PIP. His application was declined, once we received the report to our disbelief the assessor had blatantly lied about my father abilities even to the extent she said that my Dad demonstrated certain physical abilities to her.

Cutting a very long story short, after all the stress this caused we went to tribunal and won. The only bad thing was that she is still an assessor to this day even after our complaint.

My Dad had his reassessment at the beginning of Aug '18 and we still haven't heard anything from DWP (it will be 6wks next Tuesday). Has anyone else had a reassessment recently and has heard back from DWP? Needless to say my Dad is quiet anxious atm

Thanks for your time.x

Comments

• Shlbly
    Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi all, approximately 3 years ago my Dad was assessed for PIP. His application was declined, once we received the report to our disbelief the assessor had blatantly lied about my father abilities even to the extent she said that my Dad demonstrated certain physical abilities to her.

Cutting a very long story short, after all the stress this caused we went to tribunal and won. The only bad thing was that she is still an assessor to this day even after our complaint.

My Dad had his reassessment at the beginning of Aug '18 and we still haven't heard anything from DWP (it will be 6wks next Tuesday). Has anyone else had a reassessment recently and has heard back from DWP? Needless to say my Dad is quiet anxious atm

Thanks for your time.x
    Hi I had an assessment on the 8/8 and still haven’t heard from them, did you ask for a copy of the HCP report, as this will give you an idea of what’s to come? Good luck, I have had this twice before, complained last time and got nowhere!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,044 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    There's no timescales to decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. If the assessment report was chosen for audit, this can delay the process in returning it back to DWP after the assessment, It will also delay the decision time. There's nothing we can do about this as files are chose at complete random, it's happened to me twice.

DWP will tell him if the report has been returned or not. If it has then a copy of this will help him know what the decision is likely to be. If it hasn't been returned then ring the health assessment providers to ask what's going on. They'll tell you if the report is being audited.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • The_worrier
    Options
    Thanks guys, we've received the report back which we only had one query about but Dad doesn't want to rock the boat. He wants to see what their decision is, my Dad's last experience with Capita and DWP has put the fear of God in to him. We received the 'we have every we need to make a decision' letter about 10 days ago. 
  • pdsanders
    pdsanders Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I re applied back in march and only had my decision letter 2 weeks ago. I have also questioned the assessment report as a lot of inaccurate information. I'm trying for mandatory reconsideration now 
  • The_worrier
    Options
    pdsanders said:
    I re applied back in march and only had my decision letter 2 weeks ago. I have also questioned the assessment report as a lot of inaccurate information. I'm trying for mandatory reconsideration now 
    Hi! Did you reapply or was it a review? ? . as you'd already been on PIP?
  • The_worrier
    Options
    Just spoke to the DWP for an update, and the advisor said that Dads original PIP application will be awarded until Feb 2019 and he will receive a decision on the review by then. What's going on? ? This doesn't help at all, how can I tell my Dad that? this uncertainty is having a very negative effect on him as it is. ?
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    Just spoke to the DWP for an update, and the advisor said that Dads original PIP application will be awarded until Feb 2019 and he will receive a decision on the review by then. What's going on? ? This doesn't help at all, how can I tell my Dad that? this uncertainty is having a very negative effect on him as it is. ?

@The_worrier this is the the reason why they review a year before the end official end date of any award apart from on-going awards, so they can take as long as it takes, bear in mind I do believe you will hear something way before his award runs out. 

Most PIP re assessments are taking around ten weeks for a decision after assessment.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• The_worrier
    Options
    Great news! My Dad was awarded PIP after his reassement - Standard and Standard.

However, it would appear that the DWP have changed - Needs assistance to be able to dress or undress their upper body which is true to Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to dress or undress which is untrue.

The difference between the two is 2 points. Also in the assessors report with regards to Washing and bathing she clearly reports Dad's inability to wash his own hair and back, but didn't tick the appropriate box. That's another 2 points lost, the 4 points lost is the difference between Daily Living Standard and Enhanced rate.

If we query the above, will they look at everything again or just what we're querying? Because of previous experience, my Dad's opinion is one of he doesn't want to rock the boat, but I think we should try. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,044 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

When requesting the MR they will look at the whole award again and not just part of it. I'd advise you to get further advice from either your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre. It's impossible to advise whether there's any risks to losing what's already been awarded on an internet forum because no one knows how his conditions affect him. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.