Mandatory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Reconsideration

Options
pdsanders
pdsanders Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi
What are people's experience of the reconsideration process
Thanks

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    No good for me didnt get anywhere. I am going to appeal.
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi guys,  the reconsideration process seems a waste of time for most people but your forced to go through it to get the paperwork you need before you can appeal.
    Guess that's why they call it mandatory!

Perhaps the dwp rely on many people throwing in the towel at this stage who are unable to stand up to another bout of being knocked down again.  Thanks to the advice and experience from many people on this site I have learned so much which will help me through my current appeal.

They have made so many mistakes in my case and even offered me a deal to drop the appeal but I am having none of it, why should some highly paid DM  get off scott free for creating so much unnecessary stress to people that are ill already and need help.

Lin........good luck with your appeal X
  • Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    I think it's a waste of time too but like sleepy1 says it's just another way to stress you out hoping you will give up.
  • wrinkly65
    wrinkly65 Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Options
    does feel like another obstacle, however using template letter on this site and repeatadly saying what had been overlooked for each catagory my son got 12 more points and standard for each. DWP award letter was so different from first one. It looked as if his forms etc had been carefully looked at this time . Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.