Now going onto week 11 still waiting for pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Now going onto week 11 still waiting for pip

Gwenewen7
Gwenewen7 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
It's over 10 weeks now since I went for assesment and still waiting its aweful is this waiting lark 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Gwenewen7,

You should give PIP a call and chase it up. I would say it would normally take 6-8 weeks after assessment for a decision to be made. Unless there is something more specific holding your claim up it should really have been decided by now. You need to call the helpline and ask what's happening.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    It could be that your assessment report has been sent to audit. This can delay the decision process considerably. If DWP haven't received your assessment report back then ring the health assessment providers and ask them what's happening. If the report is in audit, they'll tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Gwenewen7
    Thankyou I will give them another call on Monday and keep you all updated 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    It’s sounds as if your report has gone to an audit,  don’t worry any back pay will be paid when your award is granted .
  • Gwenewen7
    Why would they send it for a audit wilko and what does that mean I not heard it before .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Audit means it's been chosen to be checked but it doesn't really mean anything and they're chosen at complete random. It's happened to me for ESA and PIP. It just delays the process of a decision being made because there's no timescales to how long the report can be in audit for. My daughters PIP assessment report was in audit for 6 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Gwenewen7
    Thankyou for the explanation I carnt wait for it all to be sorted out I just want to stop thinking about it you hear so many horror stories about pip assessments..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.