Asperger`s and Executive function — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Asperger`s and Executive function

sks59
sks59 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited September 2018 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hello. 
I am new to this and have Aspergers, I was diagnosed age 50,9yrs ago and i also have sons with it. I have Executive function disorder as part of this and wanted to know if anyone has had medication to help with the Executive function disorder 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sks59
    A very belated welcome to the community, Im sorry we missed your post.  How are you getting on?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • AlexCubbin
    AlexCubbin Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    sks59 - Thank you my friend I just looked up Executive Function Disorder and I think you have just changed my life. I am diagnosed with autistic communication difficulties, mixed anxiety and depression and OCD. I also supected I had PDA and ADHD because i couldn't organise a proverbial in a brewery and I can be impulsive. I have a psychiatrists appointment on Tues! Thanks :)
  • CC28
    CC28 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hello, I am also new to this. My boyfriend has not been diagnosed with Aspergers but he has upcoming assessments for it and for anxiety. I’m looking to speak to anyone who is the partner or family member of someone with Aspergers as I am finding our relationship very difficult sometimes. Thank you 
  • sks59
    edited September 2018
    Believe me relationships are not easy, I have been married for 38 years and still "read" my husband wrong, he understands. I have learnt to try ask what is meant and I sometimes say to myself remember its aspergers not them. Other times I just stay quiet. Its the same with most people.
  • sare49
    sare49 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    My husband and son are both Aspergers.
    its very hard at times because what comes with them is their needs and wants come first as they are fully focused on Themselves!
    hard to live with at times but also lots of facts and subjects I wouldn’t dream of knowing and lots of fun at times!!
    i have learnt the art of remaining silent at times which unless you understand Aspergers you would think was oppressive.
    complex living is the only way I can explai!

• AlexCubbin
    sks- and you perpertrate the myth that I am invisible by not replying to my post! I wouldn't mind if this thread hadn't been dead before I posted to it! Solidarity!
  • CC28
    Thank you so much for your comments! It’s nice to know I am not alone…I am a person who is very laid back with an open mind and I certainly have learnt the art of keeping quiet and just keeping things to myself but I will never forget the things he has said! If I told any of my family and friends they would definitely tell me to leave him. He said something to me the other day which did tip me over the edge...That’s what made me come on here to try to somehow make it feel better. What he said was regarding our future and we both feel very differently about it and now I’m not sure what to do :neutral:
  • sks59
    CC28, I feel you need to speak to a professional.
  • sks59
    AlexCubbin
    Do not know what you mean.
  • AlexCubbin
    Sks59 - you dont know what i mean. Let me explain. I wrote you a nice message and you totally ignored it but you did manage to another. Ill put it down to just a case of bad manners :)
  • CC28
    sks59 - From my side I feel our many things in our relationship need professional help, and I don’t know how to move on without it. But I do not know where to turn to get that help until my boyfriends appointments come through, at the moment he has only got appointments for the anxiety. When he gets appointments through for the Aspergers then there will be support for me too and I cannot wait! 
  • sks59
    Alexcubbin
    I am absolutely sorry, if I missed your message, only you could 're post it to me. If I have offended you, I apologise. Maybe I will leave this site.
  • AlexCubbin
    Yes you did offend/distress me but apology accepted. No need to get all passive agressive about it and threaten to leave the forum.
  • sare49
    sare49 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    please don’t leave the site x
    we are all here for a reason let’s just be there to support each other.
    hugs

Brightness