Hi, my name is louisemord123! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is louisemord123!

Options
louisemord123
louisemord123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I don't have a disability but I am unable to do things as my health is bad . I suffer really bad from ibs and I have fybromialga.  When I get bad I have to stay in bed and try and fight it with painkillers. It can last a day or longer it really gets me down I suffer with really bad depression then.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @louisemord123
    Welcome to the community! You're not alone as many members of the community suffer with Fibromyalgia and Depression. Sorry to hear you're having a tough time :( Please let us know how we can help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • sophialob
    sophialob Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @louisemord123
    i have ibs and a moderate form of M.E. - a condition considered similar to fibromyalgia. I find that doing gentle yoga/ stretching, meditation and a practice called EFT (emotional freedom tapping) which you can find on YouTube help me massively when I’m feeling down. I try to incorporate it daily into my routine (when I am able) so that when I feel down I feel it’s easier to access these skills. These illnesses can be so lonely and so frustrating so it’s helpful to develop the tools to escape the negative thoughts from your mind. I suffer badly from anxiety and I find it helps this too. I’ve also read extensively about fibromyalgia and M.E and how calming the nervous system is extremely important to get your body into a healing state. Check out the Optimum Health Clinic on YouTube or their website because they have some great resources and tips for M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia sufferers. Also, for IBS I recommend talking to a nutritional doctor if you can as they can assess what foods you may be intolerant to. I went on an elimination diet then gradually introduced foods and I’ve found that I am 100% intolerant to gluten but also have found intolerances to random other foods so it could be worth a go. My IBS has been much better since then. Wishing you lots of luck and always free to chat if you want to discuss anything! We will get through these illnesses, just need to persevere! I also recommend watching some recovery stories on YouTube as they can give you great hope for a full recovery :smile:
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @louisemord123 and welcome to the community, you of course can be involved! Please have a look around and feel free to ask us anything at all!
    Scope

Brightness