Anyone have swallowing issues when eating narrow stricture in the food pipe — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone have swallowing issues when eating narrow stricture in the food pipe

Options
sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
Dyphagsia 

Anyone have swallowing issues when eating narrow stricture in the food pipe 3 votes

Self harming
33%
sam12 1 vote
Ibs
66%
debbiedo49[Deleted User] 2 votes

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sam12, it's perhaps not clear what you're asking here- is there anything we can help you with? 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    Anyone have swallowing issues when eating narrow stricture in the food pipe 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    Eating food fear of choking not been able to stop choking 
  • jemmam88
    jemmam88 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    Hi sam12
    Yes i have had the feeling of choking many years now. I have no diagnosis of eating disorder but i am constantly struggling to eat/swallow food. I eat so slow tiny pieces dont eat certain foods. Feel i would be allergic to types of foods altough im not. My Dr suggested my high anxiety  leads me to feel these sensations of throat narrowing also lupus. I have gastritis and always acidic but also down to anxiety and lack of food.
    I find my problem is i always think about each swallowing of food it dosent just come natural. So your not alone..have you been to your Dr and spoken to them about how you are suffering. 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    Yes already been diagnosed by Dr's I went for camera I couldn't swallow camera I also have hatius hernia sliding one suggest u take a barium swallow test this could have something to do with it 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ibs
    I have issues with swallowing and choking sometimes. The slightest crumb can set me off so I try to watch what I am eating for obvious crumbs. I have mild asthma and a dry mouth and I have acid reflux which to me must play a part. I have large tonsils and a narrow throat which must play a part. Just writing this gives me anxiety about my throat. When I get a mild sore throat it affects my swallowing a lot. I also have post nasal drip from allergies and use a spray for this as well as spray for dry mouth. 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    No pain. Just scary when u kant swallow or chocking 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    Kant even think about talking food I suffering good poisoning wk end omg so painful  Yeah I got stricture narrowing cause my hernia to times I kant swallow backwards or I choke 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    Kant even think about talking food I suffering food poisoning wk end omg so painful  Yeah I got stricture narrowing cause my hernia to times I kant swallow backwards or I choke 
  • Denise1969
    Denise1969 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Yes, I have trouble swallowing food, tablets, everything ... but that's because I have Fibromyalgia and difficulty swallowing is one of the symptoms.
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    I have this to and hernia  in chest narrow stricture  so scary  what Dr say to u 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    Tablets and  go in bed and drinking  and eating and talking  freaks me out
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    I do get pain in gullet  tube

Brightness