PIP TRIBUNAL DECISION — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP TRIBUNAL DECISION

Annabelle26
Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
i went to my PIP Tribunal Meeting last Thursday.  I went on my own as the Welfare Group I had belatedly been put in contact with could not help.  I thought I would be ok on my own as it was being held in a Court building in an area of the city I am familiar with.  I was very anxious by the time the Hearing started as it was slightly late.  However I was not the only one there alone as the person before me was in a similar position.  I was awarded the Care Component at the standard rate.  However I did not get the Mobility Component which upset me a bit & I think it was because I messed up the question one of the panel asked me if the Hearing had been held in an unfamiliar place.  I did not provide enough information about how it would affect me.  I felt really ill & exhausted by the time I got back home & slept on & off for about 24 hours.  However now I felt better and after going over what happened during the Hearing & the fact I made a mistake which may have lost me points I have written a letter to the Tribunal explaining how I felt during the meeting & putting in writing what I should have said in reply during the meeting.  I have asked them to reconsider the mobility component.  There was nothing wrong with the actual Hearing or the way it was conducted so it cannot be escalated to Tier 1.  However reading the leaflet which was given with the Decision Notice there is nothing about writing to the Tribunal to ask them to reconsider their decision & providing new information so that is why I decided to write and see what happens.  I went & posted the letter straight away so I could not change my mind.  I now just have to wait & see what happens.

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    The decision is final subject to there being no points of law being brought up by you or the DWP. 
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    In the decision notice and information sheet given to me at the meeting there is no where that says it is the final decision.  Although it says later about Tier 1 appeals if there is procedural problems the final short paragraph about setting aside  or amending the decision or arranging a new hearing it does not refer specifically to Tier 1.  All the Tribunal can do is tell me no it is the final decision or amend the decision.  I come from a family who like to test things & history is full of people who have done small things which have eventually led to major changes.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    If an error in law had been made you would be able to challenge the decision, if not then i highly doubt the Tribunal would change it now. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck with the letter, please let us know what happen

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.