Decision Change - what to do about new car ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision Change - what to do about new car ?

skinnygirl101
skinnygirl101 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
My PIP decision was changed and I now have the enhanced rate of the mobility component now after being denied it originally. I was told before I could keep my car until early next year but now I have the enhanced rate back , can I order a new car now as it was due to be changed in September or do I have to wait ?. I’m not sure 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news. You'll need to contact motability about your new award and they will tell you what happens.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Another good news story, get checked out with mobility over your car, good luck.
  • skinnygirl101
    Thank you. I just spoke to them and I have to pay Motability for the months the DWP didn’t pay for the car. I never knew this ?. Anyone else had this experience ?
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Should receive backdated pay which you can use to pay motability.
  • skinnygirl101
    Thank you Linda , that’s a great help. 
  • poppy123456
    Yes of course you'll have to pay them what you owe, you can't have the car for free.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • skinnygirl101
    I was only asking , you don’t have to be so condescending. 
  • poppy123456
    I wasn't being that way. I was just giving you a straight logical answer.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I have been in contact with them today and they have a process for handling the loss of a vehicle due to status change and I am sure they have a process for getting it back again. Just give them a ring.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Thank you. I just spoke to them and I have to pay Motability for the months the DWP didn’t pay for the car. I never knew this ?. Anyone else had this experience ?
    No when I lost my PIP for the third time in 5 years like the previous two times, I drove the Motability car back to the dealership on the same day that the decision from the DWP was received.
    It was logical to me - no mobility element of PIP = no Motability car - I had no legal entitlement to keep it

Brightness