wet room — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

wet room

Lou30
Lou30 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Hi Wonderin how i can get help for a wet room I am struggling to get in and out of bath I own my property so not sure im entitled to any help I suffer from fybromialgia. Any advice is much appriciated..

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Yes you can get help with a disability grant from the council even if you own your home but you need to get an occupational therapist to come out to you and asses your needs they will produce a report and recommend it to the council who will asses you for a grant it can be a long job as my alteration took 3 years from first applying to getting the job completed
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Hi @Lou30

We have a lot information about grants here. Please remember charities and grant-giving trusts rarely give money for things that you could get through, or could be funded by, statutory sources, such as benefits. Please use the online benefits calculator first.

As @markyboy says, you can also speak to an Occupational Therapist - OTs are usually based in a hospital, school, community clinic or health centre, referral is through a health professional.

Depending on where you live, occupational therapy services may be accessed via the GP or Social Services. We would advise contacting your GP in the first instance but you may need to contact your local Social Services Department, especially if you need OT assessment for equipment in the home or in connection with home adaptations.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Lou30
    Lou30 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    markyboy said:
    Yes you can get help with a disability grant from the council even if you own your home but you need to get an occupational therapist to come out to you and asses your needs they will produce a report and recommend it to the council who will asses you for a grant it can be a long job as my alteration took 3 years from first applying to getting the job completed

Brightness