Hearing aids — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hearing aids

cripps
cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
edited September 2018 in Education
Morning everyone hope everyone is doing well, some time ago i dropped a post about hearing aids and mentioned i would let everyone know how things are going, well I’ve got my new aids and the difference is amazing, as soon as the hearing aids we’re fitted the world changed for the better. I wasn’t sure and very apprehensive if the aids would work but just hearing properly for the first time in a long time is brilliant, i would recommend to anyone that is having trouble hearing go to to GP and prepare to have your whole world change for the better. Thanks to everyone that took time to listen to me and post their comments it was a big help and really did put me at ease from the start. NC

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey @cripps
    You have posted this 5 times now, I have deleted the duplicates but just wanted to let you know that there seems to be an issue your side :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • cripps
    Hi yes there’s a problem with me posting, every time i try and post a pop up shows it self saying ( i can’t authenticate you to this website) so i don’t know if my post has gone or not, please can you help? NC
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, are they private aids or NHS if so how long was it from seeing the doctor to getting aids from clinic or hospital. My wife is waiting for NHS appointment told could be Christmas time. Private ones want £1000 to £2000 just for basic models.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cripps
    I replied on your other post about finding out which browser you are using and then you can try a different one.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • cripps
    Hi there wilko, ? i went to my doctors on recommendation from boots where i had an hearing test , i only went to boots because there hearing test was free and like you say there hearing aids are extremely expensive. From seeing my GP to getting a appointment was only about 3 weeks , when i went to my appointment at the hospital all she did was test my hearing once more to make sure i needed the aids. After the appointment was finished she made me an appointment to get fitted which was only a week later so all in all the whole thing from my GP to having the hearing aids was 4 weeks, I’m extremely pleased with my hearing aids they’ve opened up a whole new world. I don’t know why you’re waiting so long, i live in Cheshire so the waiting list may be shorter and it may vary from one area to the other but if i was you i would more enquiries and make a fuss i would certainly push for a better appointment time. I certainly hope this helps and you get seen quickly. NC

• cripps
    Hi there ? hopefully this will get to you because I’ve just changed my browser to Firefox . Fingers crossed here goes. NC

Brightness