PIP process for anxiety and depression - my findings - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP process for anxiety and depression - my findings

2»

Comments

• angel137
    angel137 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    @Wendy1962
    It depends on where you live how long you will have to wait to hear about whether you will need a face-to-face assessment. Once you've had one, you normally hear about the f2f/decision within 4 weeks or so. You may not need one. 
    After I put in my application, I waited 5 months before I heard about a f2f. It just depends on where you live. 
    Please try not to put extra pressure on yourself during this time. Your health is what matters. As you have other important things to focus on, regarding your health, just get on with that. Don't "wait" for anything. Spend your time taking care of yourself. If you have a f2f, bring someone with you.
    Take care.  o:)
  • JulestheBat
    JulestheBat Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    PIP and ESA assesments are so bloody intrusive and degrading. 
    If a GP or Consultant says your sick then your sick. The governments wasting its money with all these assessments and admin. 
    Good luck to everyone ? I hope it all works out 
    " If in doubt, Freak em out" - Sharon Needles 
  • Wendy1962
    Wendy1962 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    What a lovely reply it's so nice of you I've had to force myself to go back to work I'm not coping very well I've also just had cancer removed from my back still gothe stitches in its very uncomfortable but worried incase I don't get my pip after the assignment 
  • angel137
    angel137 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    @Wendy1962
    It's great you've been able to go back to work, but if you really feel that it's harming your health, maybe you can go part-time?
    As for PIP and other benefits, just think of it as a process. It does  take some months from the beginning to the end of the process, sometimes longer, but eventually things get sorted out. It can be tiring, mentally and physically.
    Focus on your day to day life for now.
    The very best wishes for your recovery and health. 
  • Dontworrybehappy
    Dontworrybehappy Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I'm so sorry you have had trouble with pip and Esa. I have physical and mental health problems. 1st doctor nearly ran out of my home, and the 2nd came in, looked at me and said you really aren't well. So although I'd rather enjoy life, I was lucky to pass my assessments. I was who I am everyday. Hope you hear soon. X
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Hello everyone. 

@JazCo

I've just got my date through for Assessment F2F on 21/9/18 in Ashford. 

I have balance and hearing issues - Menieres Disease and auto immune Vestibular Neuritis, as well as Anxiety and Depression linked to that.

I wish you every success in your quest!. XX 

@Wendy1962 I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer ordeal. We are all here to support you. X 
    P X 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.