p.i.p — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

p.i.p

Options
peachyness
peachyness Community member Posts: 2 Listener
asking for a friend who also has fibro but is not internet user, does anyone know about p.i.p ? he has been told may get it due to his mobility issues. he does not claim any benefits but can't work, any advice i can pass on would be great 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @peachyness
    What a lovely friend you are! We have tons of information about PIP here and there is a PIP toolkit here.

There is a downloadable information sheet here you could print off, but it is 39 pages long!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis but how the conditions affect you daily. Lots of information on the internet about claiming PIP. Evidence will be needed to support a claim as they rarely contact anyone for evidence.

If the person can't work and doesn't claim any benefits, do they live with a partner that works and that's the reason they don't claim benefits?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • peachyness
    peachyness Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    awwww thank you sam scope i always try to be. and i will take a look at the links thank you so much. and poppy123456 his partner works 45 hours a week.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.