PIP Review form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Review form

Options
janekim96P
janekim96P Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
Hi I've been recieving PIP since 2013 the letter said I'd be okay until 2017 I spent the last 6 months of last year hardly sleeping waiting for the dreaded form on my door mat but nothing until August 2018 it came my daughter filled it in for me and I included the necessary paperwork ect. She posted it back on the Saturday and it was a bank holiday Monday just after and it had to be back by 5th September the week before it was due back I received a letter from them telling me they hadn't received my form but would of definitely got there on time I feel harassed by DWP does anyone have any idea how long they take to get back to you? I'm absolutely dreading another face to face medical as I suffer from anxiety and depression and chronic back pain I can't go out by myself and need plenty of notice if I've got a doctors appointment or hostpital app.The stress is awful plus I'm in so much pain walking but I'm on very strong medication but the last couple of months I've reduced them by half the pain is unbearable but I don't want to stay depended on them and be classed as an addict the withdrawal is horrendous and I can't cope with cutting down anymore even though I feel like the meds don't help much bit I'm so scared of not having them and being in more pain I'm so scared and worried sick about losing my PIP I only get 3 4 hours sleep from about 4am I'm wide awake when everyone else is tucked up in bed sleeping I know there are people a lot worse health wise than me but does anyone have any suggestions or feel the same? I'd appreciate hearing from you thanks for reading my rambling lol.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,219 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The letter you received is a standard letter that's sent when they haven't received the form back at least 1 week before the date stated. With it being a bank holiday they this would have delayed the process further. Post going to DWP has to go through a mail sorting process and can take at about 1 week to arrive at the correct department. If they hadn't have received your form by now i'm sure your PIP would have stopped and you would have received a letter.

Unfortunately there's no time scales to the process of reviews or first time claims. It all depends on back log in your area. Most people have assessments even for reviews so expect to be sent an appointment for another. If a home assessment is needed and you don't have enough of evidence to show why it's needed then you'll need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why. I know it's very stressful all this waiting, unfortunately there's nothing we can do.

Hopefully it won't be much longer. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janekim96P
    Options
    Thankyou so much for all your advice. 
  • janekim96P
    Options
    Hi I rang the PIP on Monday they definitely received my review form she said it's with the manager's? Is this a normal thing? She also said it could take up to 10 weeks to hear back from them I don't understand why it takes so long I don't think they understand the worry and stress we are put under when reviewing decisions I personally think they treat us worse than the job centre and that's saying something my biggest fear is it not being sorted out before Xmas as it creeps up on you so fast as we're almost at the end of September anyway please keep your fingers crossed for me and for everyone else in the same position thanks for being here don't know who else I could discuss this with many thanks your all amazing people ???
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fingers crossed for some news as soon as possible for you, @janekim96P. Feel free to chat to the community any time- I'm sure there'll be plenty of people who can empathise with how you're feeling!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.