Frustrated at PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Frustrated at PIP

Jaqui_Phil2015
Jaqui_Phil2015 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm new to the group and just feeling frustrated at PIP. I applied 17 weeks ago after I had spinal surgery for a condition I have called anklosing spondylitis, I had 1 disc removed and 2 shaved to release the trapped nerves. This condition is ongoing and will only get worse. I as nieve as I am thought would be a quick process as only on sick pay at present (which is very poor) thought this won't take long, pffft 17 weeks so far and 3 weeks since assessment. I even had a points assessment done way back in February with a macmillan advisor, who helped us when my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He basically said I qualify to get the higher award.
Hopefully will here very soon and hopefully will be a successful application to easy my financial worries. 
Thank for listening to my moan and rant. 

Jaqui ☺️

Comments

• sophialob
    sophialob Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    Hi @Jaqui_Phil2015. Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear about this, fingers crossed it all works out! We hope you find the online community useful and feel free to ask any questions you may have and we will try to help :smile:
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jaqui_Phil2015
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened, please keep us updated and we will help anyway we can! Wish you and your husband all the best!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck! Let us know how you get on!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Waiting times vary depending on the backlog in your area. Most people have face 2 face assessments so expect one of these. Did you send in evidence to support your claim? They rarely contact anyone for this and the onus is on you to make sure it's sent. Claiming a benefit is never usually a quick process unfortunately. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jaqui_Phil2015
    Hi all many thanx for the lovely welcoming and I will keep you all informed on how I get on. I enclosed all evidence required including MRI Scans, reports from rheumatologists, reports from my OT Department from work, reports from GP and Spinal Surgeon, so hopefully all the above will be enough along with all information I have given. Jaqui Scott ? 
  • meema
    meema Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Hi Jacqui hold in there . I first rang DWP on the 8th of March this year and I am still being processed . I thought the f2f would be the end of the wait , but no . Had f2f beginning of August was told by assesser her report would be with DWP  within 48 hours ??? 3 weeks later the DWP finally receive the report . Rang DWP yesterday to ask for a copy of my report, which I was told that the lady I spoke to would put my request on my file . I then asked her how things were moving with my claim . Her reply was expect to hear from us anytime from 4- 6 weeks from today unless there are any changes in your condition you have no need to contact us again unroll after the 6 weeks period . So that takes us to end of October so that will be 7 months . What a total joke of a system for people like us that really need the help .
  • Jaqui_Phil2015
    Hi meema o my gosh it's a complete joke the system. Lets all hope get sorted ASAP. Jaqui Scott 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    It will be interesting to see how your claim gets treated, @Jaqui_Phil2015. I have run into issues in the past where doctors have misdiagnosed me as suffering Spondylosis where they have assumed I get back pain from either crumbling spine or arthritis and I have to explain that I get very little back pain and do not have either condition and that they won't have heard of what is wrong with my spine. They have always been particularly dismissive and tried to reduce my pain killers as, so I was told "Such a condition really needs little pain medication" and that "It's all in your head" (meaning mine obviously). My actual condition has me on the maximum guideline dosage and the GP is making my life miserable by refusing to work with me on it.

I too am going through the transfer from DLA to PIP process and it is now 12 weeks since I had a text stating they had received my application but have heard nothing since. Because my condition seems completely unique I am expecting problems. I haven't been asked to do a f2f as yet.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.