Should I tell PIP about changes to my health? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I tell PIP about changes to my health?

Options
Purdyuk
Purdyuk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all 1st time posting on here, bit of back story I'm 45 & suffered a stoke 15yrs ago it has left me with partial vision loss, reduction in my hearing ( i have 2 aids), recently my health has got worse i suffer with anxiety & depression as I have to use 2 crutches i also have carpal tunnel & tennis elbow, for which I am having physio as well as physio for double prolapse & am waiting for Neuro physio. I have a severe stammer triggered by stress, most of this is recent i don't know if I should tell pip about changes or wait until my review in 2020 i get standard rate for both.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Purdyuk   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am unsure of an answer to your question. You have to understand benefit queries are complex and confusing.

I would add a member of our team or a member of our community will be in touch.

We are a supportive community. Care and share.

Friendly.

Please ask anything you need to know some one will answer.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I would recommend using a benefit calculator and only tell them if your situation changes the rate you should receive.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.