Will I need a face to face assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I need a face to face assessment?

mdavis__
mdavis__ Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I currently have high rate moblity indefinate and low rate care. Just filled in a pip form and sent off .I have rhuematoid arthritis with inflammotory disease do you think I will have to attend an assessment as I find them the most distressing factor of my illness and even harder to explain is how much pain I'm in ps.should of appealed the low rate care as my mum does almost everything for me since I was last assessed just couldn't go through another assessment to challenge it x 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mdavis__ Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you joining and sharing.

Sorry what has happened.  I am unsure of an answer to your question. A member of our community or team will advise.

Have a look at our benefit advice for support from members who are going through the same.  Does help.

Consider speaking to CAB  for any benefit advice or information.

Can help with form filling in and offer other support.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Care and share.

Please ask the community anything some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mdavis__ and welcome to the community! I believe every person is different about whether they get a face to face assessment. It is very difficult to predict these things. Please do use the community throughout this time and we will try to support you as best as we can!
    Scope

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    mdavis__ said:
    I currently have high rate moblity indefinate and low rate care. Just filled in a pip form and sent off .I have rhuematoid arthritis with inflammotory disease do you think I will have to attend an assessment as I find them the most distressing factor of my illness and even harder to explain is how much pain I'm in ps.should of appealed the low rate care as my mum does almost everything for me since I was last assessed just couldn't go through another assessment to challenge it x 
    Everybody's case is different. In fact everybody with similar conditions and difficulties as yours will be dealt with differently.
    I won't bother detailing all of my issues as they are not relevant, but in general I have a life limiting gastro problem, blocked arteries, damaged lower and upper spine, Pulmonary Fibrosis (right lung has failed) and mental health issues along with an acquired brain injury caused by trauma.
    I used to have an indefinite DLA award from 1995 of High Care & Mobility. My PIP claims all resulted in no points from three face to face assessments!

You can only roll the dice!
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    When I have to face something like your assessment and feel I cannot do it, I take along a trusted friend. I have found that his in-person support makes a diference in my ability to attend and participate.

Perhaps speaking to a counselor might help?
  • lyndawar
    lyndawar Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    It all depends but yes there is usually a face to face depending how well your pip form shows a picture of you and your problems, PIP is very different than DLA as it depends on how much you can do and not what you can't do, you need to let them know how your illness affects you day to day. and the problems it causes. Good luck ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.