Tribunal advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal advice

AnnG
AnnG Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My PIP payments were stopped in November for reasons best known to DWP! I asked for a mandatory reconsideration and in January received another knockback. I went to see a SCOPE advisor in a nearby town & although I had lots of help & Advice sheets on the day I was out of the area to receive their help.
In Late April I received notification of my appeal. In June I received the paperwork from DWP but, until now no notification of when the tribunal will be!!! Is this normal? Who can I go to to ask for help? I live in the Babergh D C area of Suffolk.
Can anyone help me please?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @AnnG   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear of this. I can only advise .

I would advise  speak to CAB for benefit advice and lots of support, information.

You could find support on line if you need a advocate. To attend with you on the tribunal day.

You need to whether they service your area. I did a post long time ago. About getting advocates. In my area will attend but have to live in that specific district. Do not live in that area will not help.

Have to pay for donations for services could be for their car parking, fuel and time.

Add to that even then will not attend. Due to backlogs and waiting times. At short notice.

I understand how anxious and difficult this time is.

Have a look for reassurance our knowledge and information on Tribunals.  Useful.  Under benefits.

We are a supportive friendly community. Care and share.

Please take care

@thespiceman .

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AnnG and welcome to the community! Unfortunately it can take up to a year to get a tribunal date, depending on the backlog. Many of our community members will be able to relate to your situation so I hope they are able to offer advice. I would recommend citizen's advice as they can help with any forms that you may have and preparing for the tribunal. There is also information on the Scope website about the tribunal process, right up to the day itself :) If you need anything at all then please do not hesitate to be in touch 
    Scope

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    AnnG said:
    My PIP payments were stopped in November for reasons best known to DWP! I asked for a mandatory reconsideration and in January received another knockback. I went to see a SCOPE advisor in a nearby town & although I had lots of help & Advice sheets on the day I was out of the area to receive their help.
    In Late April I received notification of my appeal. In June I received the paperwork from DWP but, until now no notification of when the tribunal will be!!! Is this normal? Who can I go to to ask for help? I live in the Babergh D C area of Suffolk.
    Can anyone help me please?
    Like many of us including myself you will probably have to wing it on your own. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.