PIP ASSESSMENT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP ASSESSMENT

Options
PaulSalter
PaulSalter Community member Posts: 10 Connected
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. I'm on my 3rd claim for Pip. Again I had to have a face to face assessment. The assessor was very nice and seemed to understand. She was a qualified mental health nurse. Apart from my mental health, I suffer from Epilepsy. At the moment I receive the standard living component. At my assessment I was told that she was going to push for the mobility component also. Now then, if I am successful again and if I get the mobility component due to my seizures, can I get my payments backdated. I've had epilepsy for around 7 years. If I receive mobility this time, surely I was allegible for it on the other past 2 occasions . If so would I be able to claim for what I was allegible for and get payments backdated. Hope this makes sense. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @PaulSalter
    Welcome to the community! I'm not entirely sure so I don't want to give you the wrong answer. Another member of the community will be in contact soon to answer your query.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Halfpint1319
    Halfpint1319 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    Hey @PaulSalter if you receive the enhanced mobility component they won’t back date it for 7yrs the most it would be back dated.is for 3mth or the date of the reconsideration which ever is shorter, the only way you would get round it is if you can prove DLA/PIP deliberately kept you from receiving the enhanced mobility premium. If you’re on ESA & you PIP claim is successful then you will receive a higher premium from them as well hope this helps pxx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @PaulSalter and welcome to the community! You would receive back payments from when the claim was put in. So it would be the date of when you started the 3rd PIP claim. Did you ever appeal the decision? Or did you start a new claim completely? 
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If the decision goes in your favour and you're awarded a higher award then there will be no back dated money because it's a review. Your new award starts from the date of the decision and not the date you started the PIP claim.

If you rang to report a change of circumstances and were given a higher award then it would be backdated to the date you rang to report those changes.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PaulSalter
    PaulSalter Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    Hi guys. Thank you all for your response. Chloe my last two awards were at the standard daily living component only. I didn't query it as I wasn't informed I may be allegable for the mobility even though I had the Cab to help me with my claims. This time round the dwp sent a questionnaire asking if my situation was worse, the same or better. From my answers they then asked me to attend a face to face 8am Sunday just gone. My assessor thought it was very bad that they didn't give me a choice of day and time and thought it was wrong that I was asked to attend at this time and on a Sunday. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi guys. Thank you all for your response. Chloe my last two awards were at the standard daily living component only. I didn't query it as I wasn't informed I may be allegable for the mobility even though I had the Cab to help me with my claims. This time round the dwp sent a questionnaire asking if my situation was worse, the same or better. From my answers they then asked me to attend a face to face 8am Sunday just gone. My assessor thought it was very bad that they didn't give me a choice of day and time and thought it was wrong that I was asked to attend at this time and on a Sunday. 
    As you didn't appeal the other decisions then unfortunately there's nothing that can be done now.

Ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. Once you have the decision if you're not happy then you'll have 28 days to request the MR. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.