Shocking — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Shocking

cathie
cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
Wondered if anyone had heard that p.I.  p     ...e.s.a...benifit letters addressed to pip officers had  in fact been going to a post offices where they are opened and put into correct piles to then be sent to pip  .esa   .ect    .with I'd  doctors letters home address whether you live alone national insurance number ect ect is this not classed as confidential  data breaches .    or   is   it ... vunrable people ...four years. I recently read .. no word to claimants  about this is it legal post office staff have this access ..  views please .. 
Only me .. cathie..

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, this has been the case for years. It's called the sorting office at royal mail, which is the reason why post takes fairly long to get to the department it's meant for. If you write confidential on the envelope apparently it's not opened, altho i have no idea how true that part is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are talking about the post handling section of dwp I would think that's normal.

They haven't got time to be reading them. But that's why it takes up to 10 days to process.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • cathie
    cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
    well I was lead to belive they are postal workers .my thoughts were our personal details ie live  alone disabled  ect never know nutters a d freaks  every where our whole lives are on that form told have to open and put in correct files in order to then be sent to w.d.p.office  cant even recall which programe but recall watching thinking really ..postal workers not d .w.p staff . only takes one dishonest worker just thought this strange maybe it's me over thinking it..

Only me .. cathie..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.