I requested a home assessment, now they have made a decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I requested a home assessment, now they have made a decision

BRYLEE1988
BRYLEE1988 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Hello can anyone help I have applied for pip I had sent in the form and recently received a letter saying I need to go to the assessment centre.
I sent in confirming evidence saying that I could not go to the assessment due to agoraphobia and anxiety I called to explain this but they said that its unlikely are get a home visit as I can get to doctors appointments. I then explained that the doctors is 0.3 of a mile. The assessment centre is 9 miles away. A week later (today) I got a text from the DWP saying they received my report assessment and are have a decision in 4 weeks how is this possible when i haven't had an assessment.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @BRYLEE1988 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. Thank you for joining.

Sorry what has happened. The issues and problems you have with the assessment.

I know there will be members of our community who can identify what you are going through.  Who may get in touch and advise you.

You will be contacted by a member of our team who will advise. There might offer a solution. I am not sure of an answer to your question.

Benefits are complex and confusing.  

Have looked at our benefit information, advice for answers.

We are a friendly community. Supportive, care and share.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    HI @BRYLEE1988 and a very warm welcome to the community. I am going to move your discussion to the PIP section of the forum and I hope people are able to offer there thoughts on this. Please do let me know if there is anything that I can do to help :)
    Scope

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @BRYLEE1988,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with PIP. @BenefitsTrainingCo, would you be able to advise, please?
    Liam
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    It seems like you've had a paper based assessment, it's rare to have this but it does happen. It's not a good or a bad thing and really all it means is a face 2 face assessment wasn't needed. An award isn't guaranteed as for PIP you can be refused without a face 2 face assessment. You can still ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this gives you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BRYLEE1988
    BRYLEE1988 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you poppy123456 i have called and asked for the report i will recive it in 7/10 working days. It is a paper assessment but i cant understand how they have enough evidence if they originally wanted me to have a f2f at the assessment center and not even approved  a home visit
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    As i said a paper based assessment doesn't mean you've been awarded. The report will give you some idea.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.