GP practice complaint — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

GP practice complaint

Options
Sara79
Sara79 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I made a appeal over my esa being stopped in may. I have been trying to get  my back dated sick note but my doc has had 2 letters saying no need to issue me anymore. The 2nd letter is dated 20 aug an says i was assessed on 20 aug an are fit for work. I only had 1 in may iv asked for letter saying its incorrect but dwp wont send 1. my doc says they need to clarify it. Im going round in circles. Can anybody advice what i can do thanks.

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Sara79
    The complaint in this case is not with the DWP but with your GP. Your doctor does not need the DWP's permission to issue you with a sick note, people need them for all sorts of reasons.
    I would issue a complaint to the practice manager explaining the situation, that the DWP do in fact require one in order to pay you.
    It may be worth getting in touch with your local Healthwatch both for assistance in making the complaint to the GP and to see if they want this as a policy issue https://www.healthwatch.co.uk/
    Hope this helps.
    Kind regards,
    Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @Sara79! I hope the above advice from our benefits advisors is helpful, and do let us know if we can be of further assistance.
  • Sara79
    Sara79 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    My Gp has rang iv to collect my sick note at 2pm thankyou for your advice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.