Mandatory reconsideration notice confusion — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration notice confusion

Smedley
Smedley Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
Good news !! 
The reconsideration has been decided in my favour which now states I am entitled to ESA and now being treated as having limited capacity for work.
What does this mean please ? 
Am I still in support group ?
Will I still have to have a WCA done at home ?

Another letter is on it's way with details of my revised award, what does this mean ? 
I'm very pleased with the outcome but still confused lol
Ty for your help 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's 2 groups WRAG which is LCW or Support Group which is LCWRA. As you asked for a MR were you previously found fit for work? You won't need an assessment if you've been placed into a group. You can call ESA and ask them which group you've been placed into and this will save confusion.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Smedley
    I was previously in support group but was placed fit for work following non attendance to a WCA.
    My reasons together with a doctor's letter have led to this reconsideration being found in my favour.
    Thanks for replying so quickly ??
    What do you deduce from that ?

• poppy123456
    Ah yes, i think i remember you now. They have most likely accepted your reasons for not attending the assessment and placed you back into the support group. You would still need to have a face 2 face assessment though, unfortunately.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Smedley
    Thanks so much !! 
    That is what I was confused about !!
    You are worth your weight in gold, as now I can request a home assessment as the docs letter did state that I was unable to leave the house.

Thanks again !!
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome! I'm glad they placed you back into the support Group. Good luck with the assessment xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.