QUESTIONS FOR DWP TO ANSWER - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

QUESTIONS FOR DWP TO ANSWER

Options
2»

Comments

• feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks, @susan48 My GP called back a little while ago and i am seeing him first thing in the morning.
    I'm not worried about it, my mood is fairly low right now and so i feel nothing. I think she had to legally tell my GP also so that might have been why.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @feir glad your seeing your doctor tomorrow.
    You moods low and having a review of PIP , sorry if it’s not a review, will make your mood worse.
    At least the assessor did something right then and hopefully the same assessor will award you what you deserve x

• feir
    Options
    I won't hold my breath for the PIP award but at least she was good at doing the assessment and didn't make me feel like i had to do anything. But yes the assessment itself did make me feel low also. Don't think it was a review because i've never been awarded anything yet. Think i will go to sleep when my son comes home, sleep is good. :)
    Thanks again @susan48 hopefully my GP helps and i can be back to coping again.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi everyone, please ensure any comments are in keeping with our community guidelines. Words read online don’t always convey tone or context and so may be misinterpreted, therefore it is important to consider language and audience. We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you don’t agree with them. 

Take care to present your views tactfully and remember that humour may be misinterpreted.  If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.

• susan48
    Options
    @feir, how did your doctors appointment go ?
  • trev2819
    trev2819 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    feir said:
    I won't hold my breath for the PIP award but at least she was good at doing the assessment and didn't make me feel like i had to do anything. But yes the assessment itself did make me feel low also. Don't think it was a review because i've never been awarded anything yet. Think i will go to sleep when my son comes home, sleep is good. :)
    Thanks again @susan48 hopefully my GP helps and i can be back to coping again.
    Even if you don't get awarded anything to start with, don't panic.  Although it can be a long process, it's well worth asking for a mandatory reconsideration and if that doesn't work, then going to appeal - PIP assessors, in my experience, are particularly bad at assessing mental health conditions and don't always get physical ones right either. So do persevere, if you have to.
    Hope it goes well for you first time though - sounds like you had a good assessor.
  • feir
    edited September 2018
    Options
    susan48 said:
    @feir, how did your doctors appointment go ?
    I didn't want to go so i put a status up on facebook asking if anyone would come with me and my friend replied so she came with me.

Been referred to mental health services out of my town and got to be there tomorrow morning and i think my boyfriend can take me (my tax credits got stopped a few weeks ago so i've no money, that's been sorted today but i've got to wait a couple more weeks to be paid yet). And was given some sertaline, which helps depression, panic attacks, sleeplessness, and PTSD apparently so hopeful they will help.

I still feel low but not expecting instant results obviously. I'm probably going to get therapy also because there's a lot more stuff i need to sort out than just coping with being disabled,

Thanks for asking.
  • susan48
    Options
    @feir, at least you’v got a good caring friend to support you.
    I hope your MH appointment went ok. It’s difficult but I’m sure it will all help.
    Yes the medication will take a little time to work but hopefully not to long. 

You take care 
  • feir
    Options
    susan48 said:
    @feir, at least you’v got a good caring friend to support you.
    I hope your MH appointment went ok. It’s difficult but I’m sure it will all help.
    Yes the medication will take a little time to work but hopefully not to long. 

You take care 
    Will take care. I'm having to self refer to Minds Matter again and going to get in touch with well being services for my area to get help with getting out and about. And i feel lucky and cared for so that's nice too. Thanks again. :)

Brightness